“up in the air”

Ranked #6 of 46 Hotels in Ortisei
Bologna, Italy
“up in the air”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Was my first time in Ortisei and I'm not a big fan of montains but this resort made me want to came back as soon as possible. It's not only for the aesthetic of the place, and not only for the fantastic food at the restaurant , and not only because in this venue were not kids around that allows you to relax in the deepest way, but the service and the people who looks after you are just above any expectation.
thanks to everyone who took care of us in the most professional, natural, familiar way.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Qatar
Reviewed 26 September 2012

I had never been to Ortisei before; I was actually going to Venice for a week and decided to look for a place in Italy to relax afterwards. I came across Adler Balance on the Internet; and I must say, the hotel and the whole place came to be even above my expectations.
The resort is in Ortisei in Val Gardena. Adler actually has two hotels there (connected through underground walkway), Dolomite and Balance. Staying in Balance also gave me access to the spa and fitness center in Dolomite.
Balance hotel was just beautiful in every way; the wooden interiors were elegant, minimalist and delicately detailed, it was all just a pleasure to the eye. The service and people were just great everywhere in the hotel. It all started with the management and admin who handled my reservation request professionally and then took care of all the requests I made for my program. My program changes were handled patiently with much diligence. I signed up for a health program and the doctor was very helpful, giving holistic advice and making great suggestions. The food was fresh; restaurant staff were very attentive and nice. The spa treatments were good too and the therapists were all great. The fitness center was well equipped with ample daylight and great views; I had private coaching and both coaches were super. The hotel also offers hiking tours from morning till afternoon everyday to a different place. That really made my program just wonderful; the guides they had were also experts in the area, so insightful and took us on some marvelous yet easy hiking paths with spectacular views. Overall it was a wonderful holiday and I can’t wait to go back again!

Room Tip: I would assume that all rooms are great, as they all have balconies facing the mountains.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
walton on thames
Reviewed 13 April 2012

My husband and I come to the Adler Balance Resort in Ortisei since it was constructed, occuipaing always the same suit. Every time we spend there it is absolutely fantastic. This hotel is place where even very picky people will be satisfied as they built the whole system around their guests. Wounderful SPA and pool area, delicious food, very nice and helpful staff leaving no wish open. This hotel is good for couples of any age or for parents with adult or grown up children. Writing abour surroundings of the hotel: it is located in a very nice small town, with possibility to shop for domestic food and souvenirs, as well as some fashion and sports shops. The mountains and nature are beautiful and there are many other abilities for free time aparantly from skiing, such as climbing, nordic walking, biking etc. In the conclusion we can only highly advise the Adler Balance resort for everybody who would like to spend a high quality vacation.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
sonoma california
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Our family, two teenagers, myself and my husband, spent a week at the Adler Balance Resort in Ortesei. The food, the spa, the skiing, the staff, the relaxing atmosphere, was incredible. I must say, in all my travels, this resort stands out above most all the rest. We are english speaking, and some of the staff struggled with english, which made a few situations slightly awkward...Other than this, which is really nothing at all, the stay was all we could ask for.....

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Ireland
Reviewed 28 July 2011

The Adler, the Dolomites and Ortisei are just perfect. I've been dreaming of going back every day since we left. The spa, the food, the people, the room, the town, the hiking, the activites. It was all just perfect.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
uk
Reviewed 19 February 2010

Lovely area for ski, Great food. Staff were exceptionally helpful, especially dining - I have food allergies and the various waiters were so patient every night. I often feel uncomfortable explaining what I can and can't eat and try to make it clear I am not making a fuss - the staff would not hear of it and made an effort to assure me they were happy to accommodate. One night I was feeling wrecked from skiing, so had something sent to my room... the chef remembered all my food allergies, sending a huge selection of specially made dishes! The bar staff are also very nice. Many pretty waitress worked there and were so patient and charming with the older men in my group of friends flirting with them - you would not get that in St. Moritz!

This is the first time I've been to Italy for ski and was actually not looking forward to it (preferring France of Switzerland), but I was so pleasantly surprised. This whole area is also heavily customer local families and other native Italians, so Ortesei although elegant and upmarket, has a warm family atmosphere adding to the spa-chic of the hotel. Many of the people we met who frequented the main bar were local people and I understand it is a favourite.

Down points - The standard rooms are simple looking and quality/comfortable, but nothing to rave about design wise from what you may expect. We included spa usage in our booking but never used it partly because we were too busy skiing (and my friends were not interested), but also because there were hardly any explanations of what was on offer. One day I finally went by myself to the grotto (large steam/ shower area). The little instructions and explanation on the door noted strictly "no clothes". What it did not state specifically was an all mens day (and I thought one of the locals that watched me enter inquisitively was just being pervy)... a little too late standing naked in a room of all naked men - at least I have a funny story to tell. It turns out they just forgot to put a guide in our room.

As an over all experience for ski/spa trips it is at the top 10.

• Stayed December 2007, travelled with friends