“Unfriendly staff”

Tubladel
Ranked #3 of 51 Restaurants in Ortisei
Price range: US$39 - US$72
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
The Netherlands
“Unfriendly staff”
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Food ok, nothing special and for sure not worth nr 1 place on trip advisor. I had lunch with my wife and 4 kids. I had the feeling we were not very welcome. The headwaiter was very unfriendly. I will not come back to this restaurant.

• Polish first
Dayton, Ohio
“Unexpectedly good”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Heading home after a drive of the Passo Del Stelvio, we stopped at the first restaurant along the road that was easily accessible. The food was unexpectedly great! The meats were well cooked, the pasta nicely sauced, and the desserts, especially the chocolate, was superb. Our waiter spoke 3 languages. The price was high, and there was nothing special about the location, but it was the best "I'm hungry NOW" stop I've ever made.

• Visited June 2013
Hong Kong, China
“Great food, yet a bit too salty for our taste”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

The place has a traditional wood cabin charm to it. The food was great, but a bit too salty for our taste. We tried the tiger prawn spaghettini and the duck breast with Bok Choi and candied chestnuts. They were both good. The duck breast was succulent, pink on the inside, nicely caramelized on the outside. The tiger prawns were slightly overcooked but not too bad. The house wine was a good deal and tasted great. We would definitely recommend Tubladel.

• Visited September 2013
Rome, Italy
“A great restaurant in a great location”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Tubladel is the restaurant i love to go when I have my vacation in Ortisei.
The venue is really nice and old fashion and the food is really good: tasty but also innovative, since I discover something new every time I go there.
The family that owns the place is the typical sud-Tyrolean one, German inside with Italian attitude for food, so organization and great cuisine, even if, I understand some can think they are a bit too cold.
Going to the food, I would not leave the restaurant without trying the pork ribs they prepare, their secret sauce is making this my favorite meal in norther Italy. If you are not gluten intolerant (just like me) I would suggest the potato and mushroom soup cooked into a local bread container.
And then, kill yourself with any of the fantastic desserts they have, including the canederli and the strudel (still for gluten tolerant :-)).
The wine list is really good as well and not more expensive than other restaurant, but pay attention to good wines, they are expensive here.

• Visited September 2013
Pasadena, California
“Warm welcome and delicious regional specialties”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We stayed in nearby Kastelruth for only 2 nights and had dinner at Tubladel on a Sunday evening. They were busy, parking lot was full, but service was never lacking. Staff were friendly, the food, featuring local specialties like knoedel and polenta with black truffles, was terrific. The wine was a Gewuertztraminer from the Walch domaine, also really delicious. Would highly recommend.

• Visited August 2013