One of the top two or three places we've ever stayed at in our 48+ years of travelling together as a married couple. The small family owned and operated Hotel Uhrerhof-Duer is as idyllic as it gets. The mountain views overlooking St. Ortisei are breathtaking. The grounds immaculate with a rose garden as beautiful as any we've seen, and the hotel itself simply magnificant in its simplicity and uniquely elegant style. Filled with antiques, and amentities found only in the very best of hotels, the most impressive feature was the warmth and genuineness of the Zemmer family. From the minute we arrived we were treated as family including a cup of hot tea and broth delivered to our room for my wife who wasn't feeling up to par when we arrived. Our lower floor room with walkout patio was spacious, clean, comfortable and with all the modern convieniences you could want. The evening dinners were simply special. A set 5 course menu was served with efficiency and grace and as good as you would find anywhere. A nice selection of local wines made dinner even more enjoyable. Breakfast was traditional but seemed more special because of the ambience and warmth of welcome. Prepare yourself for some thrills driving to the hotel which sits near the top of a mountain and accessed by a very narrow but well maintained mountain road. St. Ortisei is a wonderful little village and the surrounding area is an outdoor activists dream. Hiking, biking, skiing, or simply riding the tram and lifts, there is no limit of choices of things to do. Our favorite pastime was a book and a beer while gazing at the spectacular scenery. We'll be back and we'll bring friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star Hotel Uhrerhof is located near Ortisei in Bulla, in a place that's both enchanting and peaceful. In this small, charming, family-operated hotel, you get a pleasant feeling of relaxation from the moment you arrive. Your eyes will feast on one of the most beautiful panoramas of the valley and the splendid Dolomites in the Val Gardena, in Trentino Alto Adige. A holiday with us is perfect for people who wish to restore their harmony and inner balance, as they discover the wonders of nature and also relax in our wellness centre, which is included in the price. Here, you can rejuvenate in a sauna, Turkish bath or whirlpool tub - all placed in an exclusive, skilfully furnished setting (without beauty salon or swimming pool). Also, we have a delicate secret that's exclusively for you: let yourself be enveloped by the scent of roses as you enter the highest rose garden in Europe - at an altitude of 5000 feet - where you can admire over 6000 roses and more than 150 different species extending up a gentle slope. And for maximum convenience, our enclosed garage is at your disposal, free of charge. We're waiting to serve you at the Hotel Uhrerhof in Bulla, with the holiday of your dreams. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Uhrerhof-Deur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Uhrerhof-Deur Ortisei, Italy - Val Gardena
- Uhrerhof Deur Hotel Ortisei