“Awesome Place - Friendly and Helpful Staff”

B&B La soffitta e La Torre
Ranked #8 of 54 Orvieto B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We loved B&B La Soffitta! The very sweet innkeeper who greeted us was so kind and helpful and the room was divine. It was really an apartment (with kitchen, separate bedroom/living area and gorgeous newly remodeled bath). This place was an oasis right in the heart of Orvieto. We only wished we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 4 December 2012

I had the immense pleasure to stay at La Soffita october 5 and 6, while I attended the Orvieto con gusto festival. Beatrice (daughter) and Mrs Silvana were incredible hosts. Travelling alone, I felt very secure in this environment, well decorated, quiet, warm and tasteful. The room was spacious, with all the modern fittings. Breakfast was generous and fresh. What a great surprise to find the weekly market at the door step on saturday morning! An incredible experience. Thank you for you honesty! I had booked via net, and most probably booked for 2 by error. Mrs Silvana corrected the price and ajusted it to single occupancy. Orvieto is a very interesting city to visit and discover. The Orvieto con gusto festival is a life time experience. I hope to relive every moment of my stay in Orvieto .Grazie mille per tutto! I hope to return soon!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank roxpsy
lasoffitta_orvieto, Proprietario at B&B La soffitta e La Torre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2012

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. This pushes us to do our best so that our customers pass a plaisant stay in our B & B. We're waiting for you when you will return to Italy.
Best regards
Maria Silvana e Beatrice

Reviewed 7 November 2012

My parents and I stayed for a night here. You can see Mrs Maria and her daughter's nice taste of antique furnishing from your first step into the house. You can enjoy all those nice and old Italian roop tops from your room balcony. Towels and blankets were impeccably cleaned and ironed for our use. Breakfast was prepared with freshed baked brioches, yogurts, toasts, conflakes, coffee and juices. We enjoyed authentic Italian breakfast in a beautiful breakfast area. No matter what, however, the most amazing was the gentle hospitality of the landlady-Mrs Maria and her daughter. Such a warm-hearted people!!! They will really take care of you and your stay with great smile. I and my parents really loved here. Thank you, Mrs Maria and daughter :) My stay in Orvieto was great with you!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I was booked into La Soffitta as part of a photography workshop (Camera Etrusca with Patrick Nicholas - check it out) in August. I knew as soon as I looked at this B&B on the internet, it was going to be exactly what I would have booked myself. My trip was all about experiencing life as a local in Orvieto and this B&B did not disappoint. Firstly, the Landlady Maria was a gem! A kind, warm and delightful lady who made you feel at home. This B&B oozes with charm and is perfectly located in the Piazza del Popolo, where to any foodie's delight, the fresh food markets take place every Thursday and Saturday mornings. The rooms are very clean and gorgeously furnished, with high ceiling and wooden beams hanging above your head. After my course ended, I travelled to Florence but only to return for my final 10 days in Italy, back to Orvieto and back to La Soffitta, where I knew I would feel at home once again and couldn't wait to be greeted by the smiling face of Maria. A must place to stay! Ciao

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
lasoffitta_orvieto, Proprietario at B&B La soffitta e La Torre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2012

Thank you very much. For me it was a real pleasure to host a lady so nice and pretty. I hope that we meet again ..... maybe in Australia.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

We were booked into this B&B as part of a photpgraphy course and found it an absloute home from home. The room was very clean and comfortable with a nice shower room. The unexpected sight of a kettle and some English tea bags made our hearts leap. We had everything we needed and the landlady was delightful.
We took breakfast at the bar opposite, so canàt comment on the quality, but the room was beautiful.

Room Tip: Our room ws at the top and there is no lift. It would not be suitable for anyone who could not manag...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
lasoffitta_orvieto, Proprietario at B&B La soffitta e La Torre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2012

Thanks for the nice review.I hope to meet you again in my B & B and so enjoy my breakfast.
Best regards
Maria Silvana

Reviewed 7 July 2012

Our family of four loved this quaint spot. Antique furnishings and beam ceiling define its authenticity. Smack in the middle of town, we breezed back and forth between our room, shopping, eating, and the gelateria. Maria is kind and genial, her breakfasts ample. Note: you must climb to the third floor with your luggage to stay here. Evenings are best in Orvieto after the buses leave town.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Mike M
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Thank you very much for the nice review. I hope to meet you again

Reviewed 25 March 2012

Accommodation was lovely and central in Orvieto. Host was absolutely lovely, speaks Italian, English (although she is very humble about this) and French. My family loved it here. The breakfasts were more than enough, the location perfect, and accommodation very nice. Maria made our stay very special.

Stayed: March 2012