“Taste, Romance and Orvieto around”
Review of Vinosus

Vinosus
Ranked #33 of 170 Restaurants in Orvieto
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Moscow, Russia
“Taste, Romance and Orvieto around”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

A nice place just near the Cathedral. You can sit on the terrace, drinking wine, engoying tasty food the romantic atmosphere. Being a tourist on a day trip to Orvieto, I ordered Orvieto Classico and - if I'm not mistaken - baccala all'orvietana and then a nice dessert with coffee. It was early dinner but I immagine in the evening the place becomes even more attractive with candles and lanterns, so if I had stayed in the town for several days, I'd have come here again for the second time as this time the food and the service were excellent.

• Korean first
“The making of a memorable meal”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

You can read countless other very well considered and honest reviews about how superb the food is here... and it is indeed ..I highly recommend the duck they know how to cook prepare and serve it perfectly. But there is more to a great meal than the stimulating art and decor of the restaurant, the beautiful views the feeling that the staff are all pulling together for something special and many other reviewers have commented on this element . It is the presence of what we loosely call in Australia, the maitre de... Luca. Exceedingly generous in spirit, witty, and considerate he made our long leisurely lunch an experience I will hold dear forever. Experience this restaurant... word of mouth is a great referral and a kindly American gentleman overheard my wife and I saying we needed to find somewhere for lunch. He could not help himself politely saying he had dined the night before and had a wonderful experience and he highly recommended it. I thank him whoever he is.. and I commend this reasonably priced superb dining experience to you as he did me.Why it even has a last supper! Speak to Luca, maybe even tell him a wine fancier from Australia recommended this to you, and I guarantee a superb experience.

• Visited March 2014
Santa Fe
“Businesslike, with Gelato”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Perhaps it was the odd hour of our arrival --- late for lunch, way early for dinner --- but the waitstaff here seemed a bit put out to interrupt their conversation to help us. The pasta was average, the wine (Orvieto, what else?) very good, and the dessert (hazelnut gelato) delicious and generous. About halfway through our meal, four local businessmen arrived and were catered to throughout the rest of our meal. I can understand having good service for local luminaries, but with the number of staff on site we could have enjoyed better service. One of the best things about this restaurant is the mural in the main dining room.

2 Thank GreenChileGal
NYC
“Magnifiche Tartufi”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

A friend, who is a well regarded artist living in Orvieto, took us to Vinosus for lunch during our recent day trip to this lovely mountaintop city. Located adjacent to the Duomo, we enjoyed a warm, late Autumn afternoon on the outdoor patio. The owner, Luca Fratini, bears a resemblance to Nathan Lane which is best observed the depiction of him in the Last Supper evoking fresco that adorns the wall of one of the interior dining spaces. The assorted salumi, formaggio and fiori di zucca friti apps were exceedingly well prepared. The cheeses were accompanied by several types of honey and other dips; the stuffed zucchini flowers fried to perfection without even a hint of residual oil. But the crowning glory of the meal was undoubtedly the fettucini with fresh shaved white truffles. My ability to manipulate the written word deserts me when faced with the task of describing white truffles adorning anything. It is as close to an unworldly experience as I have ever known and this meal was no exception. Please do yourselves an honor and beg, borrow and steal a table at this fantastic Umbrian trattoria.

Melbourne, Australia
“Charisma on a plate”
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

For foodies like us one of the challenges of travelling is fiinding and eating at the best restaurants in town.And we were delighted that we had chosen well after our night at Vinosus in Orvieto.In a romantic balcony setting we spent much of the night engaged in interesting and amusing conversation with the charismatic host and we loved the food... Served with pride and passion... A very satisfying experience.

• Visited September 2013