Agriturismo Cioccoleta
US$164
US$99
US$93
  • Room Service
La Penisola Hotel(Orvieto)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$81
  • Breakfast included
La Badia di Orvieto(Orvieto)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$153
Hotel Picchio(Orvieto)(Great Value!)
US$85
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdirt roadmiles drivecooked eggsthoroughly enjoyed our stayexcellent hostessevery morningrooms are largeglass of wineangelafarmhouseagriturismovineyardsumbriadirectionsromecargrapes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This delightful agriturismo is about 5 minutes outside of Orvieto. The owners are a delightful young couple who are unbelievably nice. The room was good, we paid extra for a balcony and it was worth it. The owners really helped with great hints for restaurants and tours. We will be back

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We had the room with balcony and view of Orvieto. The room was spotless, very large, huge bathroom. The breakfasts were outstanding. I'm being brief here as I can't say it better than anyone one else. This place was fabulous. Even doing my laundry was wonderful...I washed it in my sink and Angela let me hang it out on their clothes line...hanging laundry was a charming event. Every corner of the house is out of a magazine - CUTE. Angela told us there were 8 other people staying with them...I never saw nor heard anyone. We only saw their cars.

I felt like we were staying at a friend's house. Angela was so helpful with directions and interested in hearing about our previous days adventures.

You definitely need a car for this location and you can't rely on SIRI's directions. Siri got us to the Agriturismo Cioccoleta...via a really rough country road. Be sure to follow Angela's directions and go Right the Gas station Total ERG (green sign), she calls it ERG.

If you go to Orvieto, and park in the garage, beware of the parkiing attendant...he took us for 5 Euros. So my advice, pay the machine not the attendant.

Staying at Agriturismo Cioccoleta and Umbra was my favorite part of our 18 day trip to Italy. I would go back to Italy just to stay here.

Room Tip: Room with the balcony.
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This was our second stay! We so enjoyed our first that we vowed to share the experience with our teenage daughters. It did not disappoint. Angela had given birth the week previously but she remained her relaxed, hospitable self. Our daughters loved the setting and took numerous photos over the two days. We all enjoyed relaxing there and took some lovely walks. What a retreat! The rooms are very comfortable and clean and each room seems to capitalize on the beautiful views. We went into the town of Orvieto only once and that was sufficient for us. Visiting the town of Civita was a highlight. Angela recommended two great restaurants which served genuine Tuscan food and we mingled with the locals. We love Agriturismo Cioccoleta!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2014

After 3 crazy days in Rome, we needed a quiet break. Angela greeted us 9 months pregnant and made us feel at home. The room was spacious and comfy and after a small room in Rome, it was nice to have room to walk in the bedroom. The view of the countryside and Orvieto on the hill is calming and serene. We booked one night and then realized a day to rest was in order, so we stayed two nights.
Its a short drive over to Orvieto for sightseeing and dinner. We loved Orvieto. I'm a Shakespeare buff and Orvieto feel like a set for a movie. With Cioccoleta and Orvieto, you get to be a tourist and them come home to Angela and Alex and their sweet son Frederico...and now a new baby girl! If I ever go back to Italy I will visit this home away from home.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

And I mean that in the good sense! Rooms were roomy and immaculate, property beautiful, nice view of Orvieto. Angela and husband Alex (filled in at breakfast) were personable and great to work with. Easy access to town, best to have a car. It is a couple km out of town, so if you're looking for someplace to be able to walk to bars & restaurants this might not be your place. But if you want the peace and quiet of being out in the Umbrian countryside (and still be close to a historic town), this is the place to be.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family