“Delicius pasta”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 2 October 2013

This is one of the best restaurants I had eaten in Tuscany (Italy) this summer on my holidays trip I made by motorbike this year. I saw it in Lonely planet guide I bought for this trip. I recomend you at all. Have a good meal oh yeah!

There are newer reviews for Trattoria dell'Orso

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Everything we had was perfect. The guys are very friendly. It's like going to a friend's house for great food!

1  Thank Corjally
Reviewed 15 September 2013

My wife and I visited Orvieto for 3 days at the end of August 2013. On our first night in Orvieto we found our way to Trattoria dell'Orso after getting directions from a couple of local store owners in the Piazza Republica. When we found the restaurant the door was closed so we knocked and one of the owners (Ciro) opened the door and welcomed us in to his restaurant. Ciro made us feel at home. He was very friendly and asked us about our trip to Italy and made some suggestions on sites to see near Orvieto. He then started to tell us what was being served that evening. No written menu. The menu can change on a daily basis. Both of us had homemade fettuccine with truffles and mushrooms. It was so good that I ordered a second dish and the chef Gabriele (co-owner) brought it out and said here is your dessert. Both Ciro and Gabriele chat with the guests and you feel like you are eating at at close relative's home. We came back on our third night and we ordered the same pasta dish and again it was excellent. For my second course I decided to try the rabbit in a subtle rosemary sauce. It was so good. I honestly can say that the food is on par with the best I have eaten at any restaurant. After our dinner Ciro brought us his homemade bayleaf after dinner drink (complimentary) and it was very interesting and good. He also gave us the recipe. At Trattoria dell'Orso you not only get outstanding pasta and meat dishes but the interaction with Ciro and Gabriele makes for a dining experience second to none. When in Orvieto, I would strongly recommend dining at Trattoria dell'Orso. You will have a great dining experience.

1  Thank Bob Q
Reviewed 8 September 2013

There is no outside dining here, only 2 small rooms typically Italian family style. We were greeted by Ciro who told us the menu for the evening. No menus here. My wife choose a half portion of fettuccine with mushrooms and black truffle sauce and I the fettuccine with octopus sauce. Washed down with a carafe of Orvieto white wine. Both to die for. This done the orders for mains were placed. Mine was rabbit and and my wife's was pheasant with a truffle sauce both accompanied with a plate of mixed veg and some orvieto red wine. Magnificent. Chef Gabriele works all by himself in a tiny kitchen and is so charming. Grazie.

2  Thank Hugh W
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Trattoria Dell'Orso is a terrific little place -- it is amazing what they are able to do with one person in the kitchen, and one person working the 2 small front rooms. We were served family-style, and the three pasta dishes that came out of the kitchen were exceptionally good. Fettucine with porcini mushrooms and black truffle was particularly good, but so was a simple tomato and basil sauce. We got several second courses (rabbit, steak, chicken) and they were great. The service was warm, friendly and super helpful. The restaurant is an intimate place, and we had a great meal, and a great time there.