“Very nice trattoria”

Trattoria La Palomba
Ranked #8 of 170 Restaurants in Orvieto
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Emmaus, PA
“Very nice trattoria”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

this is a great place for local fare. It was prepared with excellent local ingredients and served in a pleasant manner by skilled servers.
this food ie well worth the price.

• Visited August 2013

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Prague, Czech Republic
“wow!!!!!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We spent four days in orvito (for the third time in last 5 years) and I must say for me this is surely the best restaurant in town. Once again WOW! for the pasta with truffles and tagliata di manzo with the same. Complimenti to the owner, grazie to Enio and Alice (our domestic companions).

• Visited June 2014
Moncton, Canada
“Best meal I had in Italy!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We went to eat there at the recommandation of a local woman where we were lodging. The setting is nice and unpretentious. The cook herself was serving us and it really felt like a family restaurant. As a first course, we shared a Umbrichelli al tartufo (type of big spaghetti with trufle sauce) which was excellent. But it is the Secondi plati that stole my hearth : Bocconcini di cinghiale alla palombra (Boar stew). I can't even mention it without salivating. It was SOOOO good that I had to kiss the cook! My favorite meal in Italy (and there was plenty of great meals!). The house wine was also very good. Understandably, you need a reservation to get a table unless you are really lucky.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank mrduguay
Staunton, Virginia
“The best for local cuisine”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

A trip to Orvieto is not complete for me without a stop at La Palomba. This family owned restaurant specializes in local cuisine. The wait staff isf riendly --- and they never change! Most are family members. Vegetable offerings change daily. My favorite is umbricelli al tartufo, a local think spaghetti-type pasta with real truffles grated over it. They bring the truffle and grate it at the table with great ceremony, For dessert, my choice is torte di Nona.

Visited March 2014
Aptos, California
“Popular and good”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We ate some very good food here and it is definitely popular. Make sure that you get a reservation, we couldn't get in the first time we tried

Visited May 2014