“Best in Orvieto”

Blue Bar
Ranked #33 of 176 Restaurants in Orvieto
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Cafeteria, breakfast with fresh pastries, snacks and sandwiches, appetizers, local wines, Internet Wi-Fi lounge.
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I have been studying abroad in Orvieto for the last 5 weeks and during my stay in Orvieto I have discovered Blue Bar to be the best. No only is the food and beverages superior, Anthony and the entire staff are the mixes people you will meet. The take pride in what they do and it shows. If ever you are in Orvieto or even in the surrounding areas it's worth checking out.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We started every morning with our coffee at Blue Bar and every evening with a drink here. The owners always made us feel like family even doing a special drinks night for our group. The service is friendly and welcoming - makes you feel like a local even when you're just passing through. I wish my neighborhood bar back home was as homey.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Great little local bar for coffee and pastry or a wine/beer/drink, reasonably priced, that was a big plus during our group of four's wonderful one week stay in Orvieto. But in addition, the owner provided the most incredible help to us on our departure day. I went to them as friends for help when I couldn't secure a taxi to the train station and my lack of language skills were exposed. He suggested we take a city bus, pointed out the time and where to wait, and told me where I could buy our tickets ahead for convenience and a big saving. He also literally ran down the street to convince a travel agent to stay open late and help us buy tickets on a more convenient train. Are you kidding me? This service was awesome! Thank you forever!

2  Thank Mike H
Reviewed 30 May 2014

A wonderful and welcoming place to stop for a drink, a snack or coffee just off the Piazza Republica. Busy with local townspeople and tourist alike, the owners are friendly and helpful – a great place for a break and free internet as well.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

And fast Internet! Without Blue Bar we would hardly have heard from our study abroad daughter! Staff made her feel welcomed each day as she bought coffee on her way to school.