“A very pleasant stay at the Maitani”
Review of Hotel Maitani

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Orvieto
Hotel Maitani
Ranked #25 of 30 Hotels in Orvieto
Ottawa
“A very pleasant stay at the Maitani”
Reviewed 11 October 2006

I stayed in the Hotel Maitani for one night in late Septebmer and was happy with both the service and the room. Exceptionally, they took my booking without asking for a credit card number.

Like all the staff I met at the hotel, the receptionist was polite and helpful. My single room was small, but bright, well furnished and extremely clean. The brass double bed might have been a bit too big for the room, but it was nice to get a full-sized bed instead of a single. The room had some nice extra touches like a welcome chocolate, big fluffy towels, a toothbrush and toothpaste, and tissues (a rarity in most Italian hotel rooms). The bathroom was tiled mildly eccentrically in blue and red, however, it was also spotless, and contained a full-sized tub.

Breakfast was the usual buffet of ham, cheese, fruit, yoghurt, breads and cakes. Each guest was also offered a hot drink as well as a glass of freshly squeezed juice.

One of the nicest features of the hotel was the terrace which has a view of the Orvieto catherdal's facade.

On the whole a very pleasant place to stay in a lovely town. I would unreservedly recommend the Maitani.

• Stayed September 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Lagah

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 September 2005

My Aunt and I have stayed at Hotel Maitani at least 4 times. It is really unfortunate that other cultures cannot understand the true Italian culture. For instance, you do not stay at a hotel in another country thinking you are still in your own country.

We found Hotel Maitani very comfortable, with no extra frills except the deep culture of Orvieto.

I plan on going to Italy again in the next six months. And when in Orvieto, etc., I DO plan on staying with Hotel Maitani.

Thank you to the staff. And you know what? Maybe the man was sleeping behind the desk. I caught that too! But it's cultural in a town, not a big city! Was it in the evening? Was it during siesta? How sad for you who didn't stay there.

Can't anyone get beyond the hurry hurry thing.

See you soon Hotel Maitani! Cristina

• Stayed November 1999
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Francisco
Reviewed 31 March 2005

A local shopkeeper told us that the Maitani was "the best hotel in town." So, we checked it out. Granted we never got past the lobby, which was large and looked like it could use some dusting and airing out. The man behind the desk appeared to be asleep when we walked in. He would not speak English or pretend to understand a word of my (very) fractured Italian. However, we'd made ourselves understood over the past two weeks without problem.

His idea of "showing" rooms was to throw a light switch to illuminate a series of photographs of "all" the rooms. Apparently, one is to select a room from this smorgasbord! He would not let us see a room personally.

When we left my boyfriend gallently told him we'd be back. "When pigs fly," I responded. Maybe he understood THAT much English!

So, if you are in Orvieto (which is a great town, well worth a stop), don't waste your time walking into the Maitani. The man at the desk needs his sleep.

• Stayed March 2005
12 Thank WhiteDahlia

Travellers are raving about these Orvieto hotels