“AMAZING”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Orvieto
Fattoria di Titignano
Reviewed 5 July 2011

We have stayed at Titignano twice and each time it has been spectacular. The views and food are amazing!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 19 November 2010

We arrived after dark (having taken the long way from A1, around the wrong side of the lake) to find we were the only guests that night. It was freezing cold and there was no dinner to be had, though we were able to pick up a few items from the shop. Our room was fine, if a little rustic. The bathroom was the poshest part, actually...I had not expected a towel warmer. Breakfast was disappointing...no hot food and not much from the farm either. People flock to this place on weekends for dinner...and going with a large group to stay for a few days would be cool. But we found it a frigid ghost town!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank db1775
Reviewed 4 July 2010

A 2night stay in paradise! Secluded area of Umbria, takes you back in time when you arrive at Titignano which is a Medieval Castle turned into an Agriturismo. It overlooks the Corbara Lake, with a nice drive through the hills: a good ride for motorcyclists! We were with a group of friends. During the day we explored the nearby towns of Orvieto and Todi, afternoons lounged by the pool and during the evenings were treated to the best food ever tasted! We even were lucky to have a room in the castle! Definately a must try!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2010

I can't even remember how I stumbled across Titignano, but I am very, very glad that I did. It is peaceful with picture postcard views and an amazing central square.

The room we had was enormous.

The food is out of this world, homemade Italian pastas, meats and very drinkable wine grown on the estate.

Up a dust track - yes, rustic - yes, in the middle of nowhere - yes, but nevertheless the place is magical.

We wanted to stay for three nights but they only had availability for two. I would hate not to be able to go next time we're in Italy, so please try and keep this place a secret!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank readingmichael
Reviewed 9 November 2009

We spent one night at the Fattoria Titignano, near Orvieto, in Oct '09--a 4,000-hectare working farm with a history that goes back 3,000 years. Our room was very nice with a modern private bath and a stunning view of the Tiber valley. The buffet-style dinner and breakfast, served in the old manor hall, were very good--most of the food coming from the farm. Our room and two meals cost just 60 euro per person.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sakrison
Reviewed 22 October 2009

We travelled to Titinagno after spending a day in Siena and Tuscany. We got lost getting to the road from Orvieto, so we arrived after dark. First let me say, the road to get there is one of the windiest, most mountainous road I have ever been on, and I have spent time in the NC mountains. I would recommending arriving here in daylight, which is what we tried to do. It took about 40 minutes to travel the 20 or so kilometers from Orvieto.

Upon arrival the place looked abandoned. An eerie quiet and darkness all around, with a few lights in the square, 2 cars, and no people around. However, when I went in they were expecting me and showed me to our room on the square.

Dinner was a little later, and sure enough, about 30 other people were staying on the grounds, just hidden from our view as we arrived. Dinner was wonderful. A full 7 course meal with wines and water included. Wonderfully prepared, although I would not recommend they go out on the "fried chicken" limb again. Probably the worst dish I had on the trip, but everything else was wonderful.

There were some issues with the room. We turned the TV on to relax a little before dinner, but it didn't work. The toilet made strange noises for about 10 minutes after the flush. Finally, there was no hot water in the morning. After I inquired, they investigated for about 15 minutes, and then I believe turned it on from the main house.

Overall I would still recommend Titinagno. A unique experience staying in a 700 year old building. Family style dinner was fabulous. And the view from the square was beautiful, worthy of a postcard.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank friendswithdave
Reviewed 23 September 2009

We only spent one night in this agriturismo - but it was an unforgettable one! We arrived to see the sunset over the lake and just in time for our fantastic dinner. We were served their own wines and food from the region - wine (a bottle each of red & white) antipasti, pasta, risotto, meats, dessert and coffee - all for €15! Be warned, the food will keep coming - so don't fill up too soon as you'll want a taste of everything!

Our room was very spacious and with all mod cons inside what could be desribed as an old barn! Gorgeous views out of our window overlooking the pool, lake and vineyards.

Stunning 12th C architecture - such a shame we didn't go on a tour of the vineyards...Don't go past the shop without taking something home. All the produce is very well priced - especially the wines! A slightly winding road if coming in from Orvieto - aim to arrive in the daylight hours.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)