“Beautiful”

Agriturismo Tenuta di Corbara
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Beautiful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Stayed here for a week in an apartment with a pool. Beautiful surroundings, very nice and quiet place. Apartment was spacious, basic but clean. Orvieto is only a 15 minute drive, and there are lots of other nice places nearby (Todi, Bolsena). We also went to the restaurant Il Caio, but did not have such good experience, the food was basic and not fresh/ tasty and expensive compared to restaurants in Orvieto, Todi etc.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Eustis, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

We stayed here (group of 10) for 3 nights and had a wonderful time. The staff took care of everything we needed, the food was magnificent!!
and obviously... it's beautiful!! There was plenty to do if you wanted... or nothing to do if that's what you wanted. And... you can't beat the price!!
I would highly recommend this to

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

On a summer study abroad program, I was staying in Orvieto. We had the opportunity to visit the Agriturismo Tenuta di Corbara and attend a bucchero pinch pot class on a Thursday then attend a four course dinner on a Thursday evening. I had such a great time and enjoyed it so much that I decided to spend the following Saturday there.

I ended up taking a cooking class and did a wine tasting tour. The cooking class was a lot of fun, and I learned how to make biscottis and two different pasta dishes. Chef Damiano was very helpful and a fantastic teacher despite the fact that I did not speak any Italian, and he spoke very little English (it just made it all more authentic). It was casual but perfect for what I was looking for. The only issue I had was that my instructor arrived about 30 mins late, but I received a much discounted price. I only paid $50 for a two hour class.

The wine tasting was fantastic. Pietro taught us all about the wines and showed us through the cellar. It was very informative. Then, we had the opportunity to taste 8 wines. For the tasting, it was only 25 euro which was so inexpensive for how much we got to see and taste. The wines were amazing, too.

The experience as a whole was very enjoyable. Cristian, the sales manager, was extremely friendly and helpful in setting everything up for my friend and me. He even set up transportation to and from Orvieto! The estate was beautiful with gorgeous views, delicious food, and great wine. I really hope to be back. My mother wants me to have my wedding in Italy, and I think this would be the perfect venue! Thank you for a spectacular time.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Abbie P
Lima, Peru
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

We only sampled the Restaurant at this lovely property but we had a really wonderful Sunday lunch with lots of local families sampling the very generous and rustic local menu. You get a huge set meal at a very reasonable price, and although this is not high end cooking it was extremely tasty and uses beautiful local produce in all the many courses. There are wonderful walks too from the isolated hill-top restaurant. The wine is fantastic so we took some home from the shop. We also went back for another meal

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2010

We stayed there for 2 days with a young child, the place is wonderful (pool, and 360° view of the hills and Orvieto. The meals are correct (3 course meals as usual in italy) and the room was ok (but why do all italians beds are noisy and cracking). The main interest here is the position of the restaurant at the top of a hill of the main stay (Il Caio) : just wonderful. There are some animals around so the children can go and see them (donkey, goats, etc...). Nice stay overall

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2007

I recently spent a week here with my daughter and my best friend. We had an awesome, wonderful, delightful visit. The staff is outstanding; the food divine and the property breathtaking. It is very close to Orvieto, as they state, and easy access in and out. We were able to make many side trips from here easily. We also did some horseback riding while here with the farm. Luca was wonderful; the horses were great/ well taken care of and eager to please. The countryside was fab! As you can see, we thought this place was wonderful and we'll be back next year.

• Liked — Everything was as promised; only better
  • Disliked — Could only stay a week
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Bonn, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2007

We spent the week in one of the farmhouses (Oglieto) at Tenuta di Corbara and we wanted to stay forever! The apartment itself exceeded our expectations - it was huge and beautiful and clean, with a magnificent view of Orvieto. The staff was friendly and helpful. We enjoyed visiting Orvieto and Todi, as well as Assisi and San Pietro in Valle. Umbria is quiet and beautiful - we can't wait to return to see more. A totally relaxing holiday with almost no hassles - perfect for our family of four!

• Liked — The beauty of the setting!
  • Disliked — The elusive horseback riding instructor
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled with family