All the other reviewers are spot on: this is a fantastic place to stay in Orvieto. The peaceful accommodation is very well-located, looking out on the lovely Umbrian landscape and is only a short stroll from the town centre and, of course, the Duomo. The rooms are beautifully decorated and tastefully furnished. It is very well-equipped (including air con.) But, most of all, the host, Sabrina, is one of the most welcoming, helpful, engaging and responsive people we have ever encountered. She is a true ambassador for Italy and the tourist trade; she should receive an award for services to tourism!
Supported by her friendly husband Federico, Sabrina makes it possible for you to immerse yourself in her family life in Orvieto and to mingle with the cosmopolitan group of people who come to stay at her upmarket B and B. As so many other reviewers have repeated, breakfast at Ripa Medici is an amazing experience. The range of products on offer is excellent; and, if there is something you don`t see, but would like, Sabrina will attend to it! Pride of place on the breakfast table has to go to the cakes. Every day, Sabrina bakes one or more cakes (as well as bread), and they are all superb. She truly is the Queen of Tarts!
I think that, essentially, what you get when you stay at Ripa Medici - apart from lovely clean accommodation (Thanks, Katia) - is a very `personalized` experience of spending time in Orvieto. Sabrina and her husband can and do help with restaurant recommendations, shopping advice, visits to sites, etc. So, in many ways, the experience is the opposite of what it can often be when you stay in many efficient but soulless hotels.
We stayed at Ripa Medici for one week - and it was one of the best vacation experiences we have ever had.
Brian and Pauline Thomson ( 6-13 July 2013)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ripa Medici is perfectly located in the medieval quartier. The light airy rooms are large, furniture is elegant and comfortable and there are parquet floors. The home has a romantic atmosphere, every window is like a picture: the landscape is wonderful! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your B&B Ripa Medici Rooms with a View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bed And Breakfast Ripa Medici
- b&b Ripa Medici Hotel Orvieto