I've been traveling for almost 6 months now and realise the importance of helping others with realistic and honest reviews. So much of booking hotels is reading between the lines. Here is an honest review of the Mandetta Hotel.
We booked an apartment at the Mandetta Hotel for two nights. We were keen on an apartment to cook a little and have some space.
When we arrived, the friendly and professional staff immediately offered us an upgrade to a hotel room with a sea view. Unfortunately the bed was brick hard and ofcourse this small room had no cooking facilities. We noticed the room next door was open and empty - and we sat on the bed to test it and found the bed to be very comfortable. Unfortunately when we asked - the answer was we could not change to that room. Fair enough - we understand that there may be a specific client request for that room.
So we moved to the apartment.
These are effectively around the back in the carpark. They are a flat roofed construction with a little hothouse kitchenette in front and a room and bathroom behind.
Issues with the apartment:
1. Kitchen is totally bare
There is NOTHING in the kitchen. Not a pot, pan, spoon or fork. Nada ! We've stayed in many apartments in Italy and Europe. All were equipped. How useless is an apartment rental with nothing to cook with ? We asked about this situation and requested some cooking utensils etc. We got given four plastic cups.
2. The room is similar to a prison cell with bars on the windows, iron beds, the lack of light and the low ceilings.
3. The airconditioner seemed around 20 years old did not work. It blew out hot air. It just had a control for 1,2 and 3 speeds but no temperature control. It just did not work at all.
4. In the bathroom a hairdryer fitting was pulled away from the wall exposing bare electrical cables. In a wet bathroom - we stayed away from that.
5. The shower water was tepid (not hot and barely warm) and sprayed all over the toilet (located next to it so no chance to avoid this).
6. The door to the bedroom could not be locked. Only the outer door to the apartment which was less than secure.
We stayed for the night and then bailed the next morning.
We also spoke to an UK couple who experienced no aircon or hot water in their hotel room. A Russian family in one of the apartments also complained about no kitchen equipment.
There are positives about this hotel.
1. The hotel staff were always professional and courteous.
2. The place is definitely very clean. The cleaning staff were excellent and friendly.
3. There was onsite parking.
4. The location next to the beach and close to the ruins is great.
5. The hotel only charged us for one night (eventhough we'd booked for two and left at 10am).
6. We used the bikes that were provided and free.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Mandetta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.