- the common areas have a very elegant feel are light and airy, comfortable and there are a lot of nice open spaces
-a very large swimming pool
- one receptionist was able to speak english reasonably well
- internet was reasonably priced at 15 euros for 3 days
- the rooms are poorly positioned at the front of the building overlooking the street and parking lot. no views here!
-the pool was closed early one day without notification because of a wedding. our usual dining room was taken over by the wedding as well. we were not informed and after asking at reception were led to a small, tired looking conference room cluttered with chairs and other storage items. a very loud, bad sounding band kept the music going until well after 1am.
- we asked the reception about going to paestum by bus and she reluctantly gave us directions to a grocery store where we could ask. i asked how long it would take to get to the grocery store but she curtly said she didn't know. she was keen to call a taxi for us (11 euros for the 4km trip). After an hour on a wild goose chase, we retured to the hotle and booked the taxi. she was much obliged.
- the rooms are fine but not 4 star, they look a little tired and are a bit on the small side, although the ceilings are nice and high. the bathroom shower stall is tiny but everything in the bathroom is functional and it was clean. there is a flat screen tv but no english channels
- the food was nice but the wine list consists only of white and red house wine by the bottle. house wine is usually bottom feeder plonk but this was better than that.
- the location is good if you are interested in things in the immediate area but if you want to see naples, pompeii or the amalfi coast it is pretty far away so get ready to pay extortionist rates for a taxi, hire a rental car and experience deadman's curve as many times as you'd like, take a tour (only pompeii is on offer) or mess around with buses and trains that don't come all that frequently, the 'choice' is yours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Cerere is an exclusive refined hotel, located at Paestum, just one kilometre from the archaeological area and the National Museum; at 350 meters from our private beach. Directly managed by the owners, the complex is made up of a central structure, containing 38 rooms ando 2 suite all with private balcony, air-conditioning, satellite TV, mini-bar, hairdryer and cable radio, and of an annexe, about 30 metres from the hotel, containing21 rooms and two-bedroom apartments with 4/5 beds. The hotel also has a tennis court, a 5-a-side soccer pitch, a semi-Olympic pool, a private parking area with surveillance, restaurant and private beach, equipped with parasols, sunloungers and changing cabins at just 200 metres away, easy to reach with the hotel minibus shuttle service. Open throughout the year, The Hotel Cerere also has a well-equipped conference hall, with a capacity of between 100 to 400 seats and spacious and elegant restaurant rooms with 100 to 500 places, which make the ideal setting for receptions and especially for wedding banquets. For quality of service offered and the professional attention and efficiency of the management, the Hotel Cerere is the ideal place for a comfortable and relaxing holiday a stone's throw from the limpid and clean sea, not far from some of the most popular resorts of national and international tourism, such as Capri, Pompeii, the Pertosa Grotto, Padula Priory and Naples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Expedia, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Hotel Cerere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cerere Hotel Paestum