What a pleasant surprise was this place. It has been years that we were looking it, but only this july we have had a chance actually to go. It has been a real holiday to me and my family (wife and two boys 7 and 2 years old) and wanderfull seven days rest. But, let me start:
- booking: the place is present into Bookings.com and some others on line bookings sites, but I booked directly trough theirs. We selected the period, the services and the accommodation (family bungalow) and we received the confirmation letter and a reminder few days before. Credit card was given for guaranty.
- trip/position: The actual position is near Capaccio/Paestum on the main coastal way from Salerno to Agropoli and only 3km actually from the Paestum Temples. Although it is full of hotels, pensions and resorts it was not a big deal to find it. The resort itself is some 200m of Mediterranean pine wood away from a several km long beach.
- accommodation: The structure is developed from the main building where the reception is, where some 20 hotel rooms are, a bar, hall and theater. After it trough the Oleandri wood, full of colorful flowers you pass by the restaurant area, pool, miniclub, apartments, buildings on 2 levels that have those family rooms and finally bigger buildings with larger suites and parking. The entire area is pleasant and with a lot of real shade to protect you from a very strong sun, allover linked by stone path and the overall impression is very harmonic and summery. Our family room was the 111 on the back side of the pool in front of the bigger buildings. Silent, clean and fresh with our personal terrace, palm three, table and chairs it was composed by the entrance with kitchen (having a couch, dining table, TV, fridge, kitchen area with water), bathroom (shower, a place where to wash the belongings, hairdryer, bidet, WC and sink) and a bedroom (with a king bed, small bed for Marco and baby cot for Dani, as well as a large cabinet and some shelves). Although it is not the most newest issue, our temporary home has and appeal of cleanness and happiness, it has been only few moments to feel it "ours".
- food: This would deserve a long chapter, but it is a review and I have to cut it. One word, SUPERB. We book a half board formula, so breakfast and dinner and we haven't made a mistake. The restaurant has a covered place with the buffet and tables, an open air terrace, an open air grill/pizza kitchen and a place for a piano bar. Everybody was so friendly and kind, any our request was fulfilled and even a birthday surprise to my wife was made. The buffet for breakfast offer all the traditional Italian sweet things among milk, yogurts, jams, croissants, french toasts, as well as a lot of fruit and a corner for continental things like omelets, bacon, sausages and cheeses. Unlike elsewhere we were able to pick something more and make a sandwiches for the lunch time, we were able to ask more, espresso coffee, we were able to ask more certain fruit and we did enjoy them. For the lunch you were able to pick something quick on the two internal and a beach bar, as well as order a pizza eventually. Dinner was a good point starting from the atmosphere. Candles, flowers, real play music, and a menu of a five star restaurant. Every day we were given a list of courses for the following day, but we have had a chance to vary and choose all things we would need for us and the kids. Delicious was every single plate and the grilled fish/meat as well as mozzarella were fantastic. A large variety of entry courses was served on the buffet, but we have never waited to much for the service. Very, very good.
- entertainment and activities: The place itself is not a huge thing, but the ambients are well balanced. You were able to enjoy the sun in the pool (very nice, huge, with a place for kids, a deep space to swim and an Jacuzzi with waterfall), or on the beach (equipped with umbrellas and sun chairs in several rows up to the sea) without being bothered by the animation. The boys and girls were present but discrete, and very helpful upon request. The best was their attention to the kids during baby club hours and on the evening baby dance, I was surprised of how they were able to join kids from all over Europe and Russia. They have the daily activities plan and you can easily choose want to do or not, as well as the final show every evening on the main stage near the reception. Yes, the reception, Gianluca and the girls were nice and helpful explaining where to go for supermarkets, what to see or do, and they introduced me to the owner of the place, a very nice lady I have to say. What is remarkable is that this "familiar" atmosphere was always present and it was what we enjoyed most.
- final consideration: Oleandri resort welcomes a large number of Italians, as well as a lot of people from Northern Europe and Russia. My vote is 10, and even a small things that can disturb are not counted after such a good journey and people. It is worth of visiting for the service, place, food, sun and this familiar mood that you meet everywhere. I would recommend it to people that need a vacation and a rest with their children, that need sun and sea, and a remarkable food. Yes, I am so happy about it, that's why I am writing this , and I will try to return next year.
Savo Vulevic, MIlano, Italia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oleandri Resort Hotels & Residence is immersed in lush, quiet surroundings, at the border of a pine forest, about 280 yards from the sea and a mile from the archeological site of Paestum. With a large outdoor pool, a hot tub and children's play area, it is set in 30,000 m² of private parkland. The private beach is furnished with sun loungers and parasols. Accommodations are divided in Hotel Rooms and Residence Apartments: Hotel offers comforts and amenities of a luxury property with his Superior rooms, located in the main building, Deluxe rooms located in the park and Standard room located in the blocks around the pool or in the main building. Residence is disposed in blocks around the pool and is divided into Elegance and Family Apartments, two-bedroom apartments equipped with kitchenette and bathroom (daily cleaning and linen changing) with different furniture. Additional solution available is the Villa, independent three rooms apartment with private parking and private garden. Hotel Facilities General Reception, Private Beach, Pool, Restaurant, Lounge Bar, Pool Bar, Beach Bar, Entertainment Area, Playground, Garden, Parking. Activities: Game Room, Playground, Ping-Pong, Darts, Hiking, Cycling, Outdoor Swimming Pool, Outdoor Swimming Pool (seasonal)Services: Entertainment Staff, Kids Club, Babysitting/Child Services, Newspapers, Express Check-In/Check-Out, Safe, Soundproof Rooms, Heating, Baggage Storage, Air Conditioning, Room Service, Laundry, Bicycle Rental, Tour Desk, Fax/Photocopying, Special Diet Meals (upon request)Internet Free! Wired internet is available in public areas and is free of charge. Free! Wi-fi is available in public areas and is free of charge. Parking Free! Free private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oleandri Resort Paestum - Hotel Residence Villaggio Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oleandri Hotel Residence Villaggio