“Home Away From Home”

Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Paestum
Seattle
“Home Away From Home”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Savoy Beach for almost 5 months since I was sent on a work assignment near Paestum. Previous to the Savoy Beach I stayed at two other popular hotels in my first two months in Paestum that did not live up to the customer service or the accommodations of a 4-star hotel. I did not want to make the same mistake again, so I toured all of the top 5 hotels in the area before I moved again, and The Savoy Beach was by far the best choice as far as accommodations and service.
The hotel itself is beautiful, the rooms are clean and the finishes are top-quality and updated. I was able to stay in the Junior Suite, which had a huge deck that was actually part of the parking awning in front of the hotel. I loved to leave the doors open to smell the fresh air and listen to the nearby sea, which is a very short walk away. Unfortunately I never was able to experience some of the on-site amenities that the hotel is able to offer during the high season, such as the spot on the private beach and the amazing outdoor pool and park, because my stay was from November to April. I did use the small, but very functional, gym every day and the indoor pool on occasion.
The front desk staff is always ready to greet their guests with a smile and they had great suggestions of places to see in the area.

I cannot say enough good things about the highly rated restaurant Tre Olivi and the staff that attended to me every night. Daniele is the ultimate professional, who always treated me like I was a part of the family. If I ever was to open my own restaurant, Daniele is the type of person who I wish I could find to could run it. I have never really had to experience eating alone before, and the staff always made me feel welcomed and important, even on the days when the restaurant was packed with groups of travelers. I could have chosen to eat anywhere near Paestum or Agropoli, but I always ate at the restaurant because I knew that I wouldn’t find better food or service anywhere else. The hotel also makes their own amazing olive oil, mozzarella di bufala, wine, and other food products that are used in the restaurant.
The next time I am in Paestum I will definitely choose to stay at this hotel again.
Thank you Savoy Beach for treating me so well and for giving me such great memories of my time away from home.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Polish first
Shorewood WI
Reviewed 14 March 2013

This was my second trip to the SBH in three years and I found it still consistently very good. The staff is warm, welcoming and very helpful. Very good breakfast with outstanding coffee. Had dinner one evening and the food was very good. I travel for business and usually base overall ratings from a standpoint of business friendly. Admittedly this is a vacation / wedding / banquet hotel and doesn't cater to the business traveler. In any event it would be nice to have a few more electric outlets at the desk and a more user friendly exercise facility. I was there in the off season and the cardio equipment was unplugged, turned off and large coat racks from the coat check area were stored in the middle of the room!? Very small inconveniences and I will certainly stay here again when back in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank J H
Solihull
Reviewed 1 December 2012

We stayed for several nights, taking two rooms, a privilege double looking over the country and distant mountains, and a junior suite.

The junior suite was in effect over the canopy of the entrance: although larger and better furnished, it had a very large patio / balcony, which was walled: it may be good in summer, when you can sunbathe on one of the lounges, but it means you do not get a view. We preferred the double room, which had a nice patio and view towards the mountains.

Service at the hotel was very good and staff were very friendly and helpful. They tried to help with any problem. We dined a couple of times in the restaurant, again a very good experience. The hotel's own wine is also worth trying; also the "trio of mozzarella"!

The hotel appeared very grandiose and is clearly a wedding and large function venue, but that did not detract from our enjoyment. It is a kilometre or so from the ruins of Paestum, which are extensive with three fine majestic Greek temples.

We were told there was no wifi in the bedroom, but there was in fact a reasonable reception in the room.

Room Tip: If you want a good view, avoid the junior suite.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AlbertSolihull
Penzance, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights in August. The hotel was comfortable and the staff were extremely helpful. The breakfast is very good, although the coffee was sometimes a bit on the cool side.
Although it is a wedding hotel, the weddings are unobtrusive and you don't feel in the way.
The bedrooms are a good size, but I would recommend that you ask for one of the higher floors, otherwise your view is of the awning over the restaurant.
All in all, we had a very enjoyable stay and would be very happy to return. Thanks to the staff for being very helpful and pleasant, particularly Domenico and MariaLuisa.

Room Tip: Ask for second floor upwards
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank rosymcc
Stockholm
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Paestum, a lovely place for recovery, nice bathing, relaxing and enjoying Italian life south of Naples.
We have been in Paestum every summer since 2000 around Midsummer and about 10-12 days every year.
It is interesting to see and meet all the regular guests every year. As an Fellini movie, all happy and say Good Morning and always a smile on the lips.
Nice staff, really good breakfast, good proper cleaning and nice staff.

Room Tip: Book a de luxe room and get balcony towards the mountain. There are two smaller rooms in lower cate...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Moscow
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I had an amazing holiday at the Savoy Beach. This is a very beautiful place with a high level of service. I had a cozy room with a spectacular view. As for the restaurant, agree with majority of the really fantastic food, excellent service and pleasant atmosphere.
I would like to separately mention the manager Giovanni and his assistant Daniele... They were very friendly, attentive ... always willing to help and advise ..
I got lots of pleasure staying in this hotel. But i have only one complaint.. receptionist doesn't speak Enlish. I did not expect I'll be forced to "master" sign language, but it was the only way to get the necessary information. Do not want to seem picky, but I have not noticed from her any desire to help .. only passive indifference. So she should be at least more friendly.
But despite on it, i highly recommend this hotel to everyone. it's beautiful, it's great.. really enjoyable place!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Oktogo.ru

1 Thank MariaIv
Wirral
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Cannot express how much care and attention we received at the Savoy Beach Hotel - Paestum. It was not just that the hotel was immaculate and the rooms beautifully presented, the food prepared with such care and creativity but it was the staff that made the trip special. Please try this hotel - I cannot recommend it enough. Try the wine tasting tour, experience the buffalo mozzarella tasting - you will be amazed.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple