Hotel Meridiana - Paestum
US$193
US$119
US$112
  • Pool
Hotel Villa Rita(Paestum)(Great Value!)
US$92
Hotel Royal(Paestum)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$67
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 July 2012

The hotel had huge rooms (with small televisions). Rooms were clean. I stayed there two days. There were weddings there both days so I wasn't allowed to use the clean pool, lounge, and restaurant (whic i found out when I went to use it. There was a lower pool I used but it was dirty, and there were cigarette butts all over the pool area. The private beach was the only redeeming factor. The hotel had promise, but I guess the $$ weddings bring in, you don't have to work for repeat hotel guest business. If you stay here, call to see if there are weddings planned.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rochelle M
Reviewed 28 September 2011

I stayed four nights at the Meridiana in Capaccio (single occupancy of a double room), and was not disappointed. My room was large and clean, and contained adequate furniture (a large desk, a chair, a separate coffee table one can use to store a suitcase, a big closet. The style is not everybody's taste, but everything was clean, functional, and served its purpose). The bathroom was large and spotlessly clean. The staff at the reception desk were friendly and helped when I asked them to switch off the air-con system in my room (it woke me up three times the first night, I kept turning it off and it would start again after a while). I did not use the swimming pool or other facilities, so I cannot comment on that. I found the breakfast to be the weak point of my stay; the choice was ok (not really ample), but the quality of the juices and the selection of ham and cheese could definitely be improved. I heard many guests complain about the poor Internet connection, and the same happened to people staying at a 4-star hotel next door. I think this can be maddening if you are on a business trip, but the hotel can be a fairly good choice for a relaxing holiday.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank EsseVienna_Austria
Reviewed 27 September 2011

This hotel gives a very good initial impression; the staff seem very helpful and friendly and the cleanliness of the entire hotel is exemplary. However, as a guest who needed to use the internet I found the room and the (rather expensive) connectivity to be disastrous.

The charge for using the internet is very high considering the price of the room. A card for a single day costs 10 euros, 3 days cost 15 euros. But I'd be prepared to swallow this cost if the registration system was acceptable. Sadly it's unreliable and drops very frequently, even though the wifi signal remained very strong in the room (our room being directly above the reception area).

Every time the system dropped I had to reenter a very inconvenient and unmemorable User ID and a numeric password supplied by the system's supplier, Convergenze. Laptops etc are not permitted to 'remember' either of these and because it often takes several attempts to log back in it is very frustrating, to say the least.

Regrettably the hotel staff did not seem able to deal with the situation, first blaming my antivirus s/w, then my choice of browser and finally the weather. However, several other guests, who overheard my conversation regarding this problem, pointed out that they are experiencing exactly the same problems despite using different operating systems and browsers from mine; and I also had the same dropped connectivity when I went online with my smart phone instead.

The staff say the front desk suffers with intermittent connectivity too. It's a great shame they do not have direct control of the router and the system - all previous hotels I've stayed in have an in-house system.

Apart from the poor but expensive internet service, the other frustration was that our darkly decorated room lacked spare plug sockets which means that if I wished to use my laptop I had to unplug one of the only two (bedside) lamps; if I wished to charge my mobile phone at the same time I had to unplug the other one!

The room was poorly lit; the remaining two wall lights were extremely 'low level' and the room is generally not suitable for reading in, apart from in bed (if no equipment plugged in).

There was no convenient place to sit near the sockets to use the equipment and only a small round coffee table which can be used as a 'desk', as one has to sit on the edge of the bed since there's no chair in the room, just a low sofa.

One other small gripe: we were charged 8 euros for an Aperol spritzer in the hotel bar whereas at the equally - if not more - posh hotel bar next door we were charged only 4 euros for a larger glass of the same drink. Needless to say we had all our subsequent drinks next door.

So, I'd recommend this as a great (if expensive) hotel for someone with very good eyesight and no desire to go online.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Good: The room was clean, comfortable, spacious and we had a nice view of the internal courtyard. Breakfast was a standard continental. Waiter service was attentive.

Poor: Wifi is an extra €15 for 3 days or €10 for 1 day and it was not very reliable.

The service at the bar in the evening was non existent with hotel staff always prioritising private functions such as weddings.

If visiting the archaeological ruins of Paestum it is a good base (10 min drive). Otherwise not much else there.

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank AberTravellingGirl
Reviewed 21 September 2011

we went to paestum to see the temples and to tie it in with some time at the beach. We never thought that the hotel would be so first rate. The public spaces, including the pools were absolutely beautiful and took full advantage of the beautiful setting. The staff went out of their way to help us with whatever we needed.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family