“A perfect place to stay in Pistoia”
Review of B&B Il Grifone

and 1 more site!
B&B Il Grifone
Ranked #11 of 43 Pistoia B&B and Inns
Brussels, Belgium
“A perfect place to stay in Pistoia”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We run a B&B ourselves and we are therefore fairly demanding. We met Sabrina by chance in the street when she saw us studying a map of Pistoia and stopped to help; when we got talking we discovered that she had rooms for rent. Two days later we moved in! Il Grifone is situated in the centre of this attractive old city that mass tourism has not yet discovered, despite its unpretentious charms. Il Grifone has four tastefully decorated rooms, modern in style but in an old building. We had a comfortable bed and a splendid bathroom. You can walk to most of the interesting sites and monuments. Breakfast is god and when the weather permits you can enjoy it on the discreet outdoor terrace.
If your idea of a B&B is a homestay with local people (like ours), you should note that Sabrina and Gabriela don't actually live on the premises, but this is the only (minor) drawback of this delightful address.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Richard C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 8 July 2012

This was a great find, recommended to us by friends who stayed here last year and we'd be happy to tell others to stay too. The rooms were quirky, modern and very clean. There was a lovely breakfast area and the location was perfect, right in the middle of everything. The free wifi was handy too. Sabrina and Gabrielle who run the place were very friendly and made us feel really welcome. We would highly recommend Il Grifone. Don't be put off by the slightly drab entry hallway and the stairs up to the second floor where the B&B is situated. It's worth it!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, Direttore generale at B&B Il Grifone, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Thank you very very much!!
Livingston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I stayed at Il Grifone for one week in October with my two children as we were visiting family and prior to my holiday, this B&B came highly recommended for quality, central location, and excellence in service which is everything I experienced when I arrived. Myself and my children were made to feel very welcome by Sabrina and we almost felt we were at home!!
The shared kitchen and terrace were great for the children to have a bit of extra space out with the triple room which was contemporary in decor to the highest standard.
I thank both Sabrina and Gabriella for making us feel at home, which was comforting for our first visit to Pistoia! Thankyou!

Room Tip: All rooms are of a high standard.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
California
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I stayed at Il Grifone for two nights late October. Traveling solo, I felt completely safe. The owner, Sabrina speaks Perfect English and is helpful with what to do in/around Pistoia. She also gave me a few fabulous restaurant recommendations.

There are only four rooms. I stayed in one on the top floor which had a window that opened to a wonderful view looking our over rooftops with the duomo in the distance. Nice for watching the sunset out the little window by myself drinking a glass of prosecco ;-) All rooms have their own bathroom.

There are no lifts. This was fine for me. If you had problems, I'm sure Sabrina would help carry your bags. Just make sure you are able to walk up stairs. The B&B is on the second floor.

The patio out the back is lovely. Nice place to chill out. As it's outside, I don't know if it stays open during colder winter months. There is also a small kitchen where you can make yourself a coffee or tea. Small refrigerator to stash a few items. And a table for sitting.

At the moment, it is not set up to have breakfast at the B&B but you get a voucher for breakfast at one of two places on either side of the B&B, both are good, typical Italian style breakfasts.

Although Pistoia isn't necessarily a place for a lengthy stay, this would be a great place to use as a hub in Tuscany. I easily did a day trip to Lucca and others did the same to Florence. Both are about a 35-40 minute train ride. If you have a car (I didn't) the surrounding area would be great to explore, as with wineries. Highly recommend Il Grifone!

B&B Il Grifone
di Pagani Sabrina
Via Curtatone e Montanara, 24
5100 Pistoia
tel. 0573.976089

Room Tip: Any of the 4 rooms are nice.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank LWGandM
sabrinapagani, Proprietario at B&B Il Grifone, responded to this review, 14 December 2011
I am happy to hear from you!! Thank you very much for your nice review, i hope to see you again soon in Pistoia
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 3 October 2011

This new b&b in the historical centre of Pistoia is fantastic, just rennovated can offer you large rooms with great bathroom and all conforts, wi fi is also available for free.
I was there for a week and the atmosphere is amazing, charming and beautiful and new, you can not expect to have more for a b&b. While I was in Pistoia I also went to Florence and Pisa by train and caming back to pistoia at night you fee like at home, all restaurants and bars and shop are close to Grifone, don't miss it !

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marco905
IlGrifonediPistoia, Proprietario at B&B Il Grifone, responded to this review, 14 December 2011
Thank you, i hope you enjoy the water room as you asked me. Ciaoooo