Hotel has a pleasant pool complex and is reasonably nicely decorated. However, the consistently poor customer service and overpriced food mean that I definitely wouldn't return.
- Really bizarre and unpleasant experience in the indoor pool/ spa complex downstairs. I asked the girl on the spa reception if the indoor pool was open. She then showed me to it and left. Looking for a changing room, I then walked towards a door at the back of the room, and was then quite rudely approached by her and her colleague, who told me I couldn't enter, and that there wasn't one. I then spent about 5 minutes sitting in the indoor pool/ jacuzzi, got cold, and got out and started toweling off. The first receptionist then approached me again and asked to see my 'free card'. I told her that I didn't know what this was, and she told me that to use the indoor pool, sauna, etc, you were expected to pay a supplement of €30. I asked her why she didn't tell me this when I came in - she didn't answer and her colleague sneered at me. The first woman then walked off and came back with a brochure detailing the supplement and treatments available. I told her again that they should have made this clear, and left.
- Witnessed two of the waiting staff at breakfast having an argument and swearing at each other
- Reception staff were generally abrupt, both on check in and in response to questions during stay (e.g re. shuttle bus)
- Used the ironing service before dinner for 2 shirts and 2 small dresses, asked for immediate return, this took well over an hour, no apology from reception staff. If you're wondering why they don't have an iron in the room, this service cost about 30€, so I think that's your answer...
- General standard of English quite poor among hotel staff
- Evening meal overpriced (around €70 per head for the set menu, more a la carte). Food was largely edible, if bland, but low points included a seafood salad that was 3 limp prawns on a bed of lettuce, and a melted ice-cream.
- Lunch time food in the beach restaurant incredibly overpriced, and service slow/ forgetful even when there were few customers. It took them over 45 minutes to bring my boyfriend a lemon sorbet.
- Breakfast selection was good, table service quite quick for coffees etc.
- Liked the pool complex - it was quiet and pleasant. Clifftop location means you get a nice breeze
- Private beach is extremely small, and largely made up of wooden decking next to the water - would recommend hiring a car and going further afield
- Ditto for going to Porto Cervo - there is no return shuttle bus in the evening, and they only run approx 3 times per day, so hire a car
- Hotel was unusually quiet for early August, so if you're looking for a buzzing atmosphere, avoid it
In summary, I won't return and I wouldn't recommend it. Ironically, I'd read comments on tripadvisor before I went about customer service, and had put the negative comments down to people not speaking Italian, or having overly high expectations. Trust me - they're justified..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The first time visitor of COLONNA RESORT, which is about 2 Km from Marina of Porto Cervo, is struck by the orderliness, by the streets, by the villas, the lawns, the rocks, the perfume of the wild vegetation, by the view of the entrance way of the old port of Porto Cervo, that harbors, in the medium and high season, the most beautiful and exclusive boats in the world. THE HOTEL The COLONNA RESORT extends in an area of about 60.000 m², near of the "Cala Granu" beach, in the north of Porto Cervo. The Resort, with sober lines typical of Mediterranean architectural style, it's surrounded by a 50'000 m² park spotted with strawberry trees, myrtle plants and junipers, where the sea, the hills and the surrounding green are the natural frame of this exclusive dwelling, dominated, often, by granite of its confinement walls. Building, sea and nature fuse in perfection, in a unique scenery of rare beauty. THE ROOMS The Resort includes 250 rooms, with numerous deluxe and Suites, almost all of them with balconies or terraces with sea view, luxuriously furnished with every comfort. All the rooms are reachable through various central lifts from a grand hallway situated in the entrance of the Resort. THE RESOURCES 2 restaurants and 2 bars, open spaces for meeting or congress till 650 persons seated, complete the structure. The Resort also offers a Tennis Club with numerous courts and a practice field for Golf, in addition to various boutiques, wellness centre, private garages some of which covered, heliport, a hotel at the beach with the necessary solariums in wood, and coves cut out of the Northern Sardinia rocks. Other services include the choice of different field trips, by boat or with private cars, in addition to the renting of cars, motorbikes and chartering of speed boats. THE SWIMMING POOLS The pools of sea water with solariums, waterfalls, islands and hydro massage corners, are located on different levels and from the rooms reach out to sea, often with extraordinary waterfalls. The solarium and the pool have a surface area of about 8500 m2 . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Colonna Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colonna Hotel Porto Cervo
- Colonna Resort Porto Cervo, Sardinia