“Fantastic stay with our little baby”
Review of Colonna Resort

Colonna Resort
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Porto Cervo
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We had an amazing stay at the Colonna resort. First, due to France's strikes, we could only arrive 2 days later, and they were super kind with all the organisation, call Luisa, she will find all the solutions that you could think of !!!
Then the welcome and the place are really incredible. The 5 pools make you feel like if you were alone, and the private beach is really nice. The quality of the food is really excellent and I recommend going there with you husband/wife, great view and new menus everyday!!

The hotel propose great massages, some canoe, paddle and if you want to organise anything, you can ask the concierge Franco, who is one of the best concierge I have met (and I did meet couple :-))

The hotel propose also to book some boat trip or private boats, they come at the pier !!
It s not too close from Porto Cervo, 1,5km is a long way in the Sardina's mountains

One true great hotel: bravissimo

Room Tip: We had a good and quiet room on the 6th floor, better to have the view on the pools and on the see
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Gauthier d
Stefano-Lai, Direttore generale at Colonna Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Mr. " Gauthier”

as General Manager of the Colonna Resort, I want take this opportunity to say thank You for choosing our Hotel,

Thank you also for taking your time to write this wonderful review regarding your stay with us and for the wonderful and very kind compliments that you addressed to our hotel, services and staff, I extend a special thankYou, by Luisa, Franco and all the staff, we are pleased to have turned your vacation into a pleasant experience.

With the hope that We can extend again a most cordial Welcome to Porto Cervo and remain at your disposal for any need or request,

There are newer reviews for Colonna Resort

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I organized a long incentive event for a mixed group of ages and nationalities, in this beautiful setting.
It doesn’t matter how beautiful the hotel and surroundings are, you can’t organize a successful event without professional and competent hotel staff to back you up and work with you in all aspects, and at the Colonna Resort they have a top class team.
Every request and any little problem (there are always some in an event of this size) were quickly and efficiently dealt with.
The food was very good and very well presented, the dining room staff were efficiently coordinated by a highly competent maître d’.
A huge thank-you to the events manager and head of reception for all the hard work they put into making this a definitely to be repeated experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BritExpat_65
Stefano-Lai, Direttore generale at Colonna Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Guest"

Thank You also for taking your time to write this wonderful review regarding your stay with us and for the wonderful and very kind compliments that you addressed to our hotel, services and staff, I extend a particular thanksgiving by all of us, from me, the Chef, the Maître from Mrs. Carolina and We confirming to You that We are happy to be able to transform your stay in a pleasant and enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I went there for my honeymoon in June however, little did we know, it wasn't the season yet for Porto Cervo so we practically had the hotel all to ourselves. The staff at the pool bar and reception were quite nice. However another concern was the bill we got when checking out, most of things that we ordered by the pool or by room service weren't signed by us and we couldn't pay in cash so the bill was quite vague and quite expensive. Another thing to try there is their spa!

1  Thank Amina E
Stefano-Lai, Direttore generale at Colonna Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Mr. " Amina E"

as General Manager of the Colonna Resort, I take this opportunity to say thank You for choosing our Hotel,

Thanks also for taking the time to write this good review regarding your stay with us and for the wonderful and very kind compliments that you addressed to our hotel, services and staff.

About to the payment of the bill I'm sorry that You've had problems, which aren't usual in our hotel, because all the charges in each department can be made by presenting the card of Your room (delivered on arrival), and signing the receipt, are automatically charged to the count of the room. So there isn't possible the error, but We will try to monitor even better than We already do to verify that there is no possibility of doubt.

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful time at the Colonna Resort. I can recommend to everyone. Excellent cuisine. Staff very friendly and professional, service very attentive. They do their best to satisfy your needs from the Restaurant to the reception. And now the negative part.... We could observe guests arriving from very far, notorious for their strict religion observance ...arriving, completely drunk and pretending "fireworks" at any moment. Often, simple employees but great people have to manage the result of the globalization .....not easy, not easy

5  Thank Frank63
Stefano-Lai, Direttore generale at Colonna Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Mr. "Frank63"

Thanks also for taking the time to write this good review regarding your stay with us and for the wonderful and very kind compliments that you addressed to our hotel, services and staff, I offer You a thanksgiving particular by all the staff, who are delighted to transform your stay in an enjoyable experience.

As You write, rightly , in our hotel, in fact, the people come from all over the world and with different needs and requirements, We try to please everyone and to limit the claims that can disturb other customers, fortunately in recent years the level of customer in our Resort is always more high and therefore the events like those that you say are always rare, fortunately.

For us, our guests are always the most important thing, regardless of nationality, religion or culture they belong and We try every day to make sure that all live together in harmony in a way that is pleasant to live together, but the hotel is so great that is difficult that disturb each other, especially if they respect the privacy of others.

The world is beautiful because it's various and We can accept the variety trying to make sure that the variety is an added value.

Thank You for understanding of our efforts.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

2 star though they claim they are a 5 star. Room service takes a minimum of an hour and is super limited and the blankets wow it's a bed sheet. Called to complain but they could do nothing about it... Who sleeps with a bed sheet!!!!! He reception guy is totally useless has no idea and says he can't do anything anything about it!!! No wonder it has worlds worst reviews

4  Thank Prashannt K

Dear guest,

as General Manager of Colonna Resort, I prefer don't respond to your review, but to inform the tripadvisor's readers that I think isn't right to write negative reviews just because the hotel don't allow You to disturb other hotel guests.

Every our guests has the same rights and We are here to protect them, We can't accept promises of negative reviews to get something that isn't right to get.

The following review has been promised by a customer who has witnessed the events and wants to protect the work of our staff.

Best Regards.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We are used to stay in 5 star hotels and this one is definitely not a 5 star hotel. The advantages of this hotel are that they have a lot of pools and a private beach. Definitely a plus in Porto Cervo. However the breakfast and the place where they serve breakfast is as in a 3 star hotel. Service is really bad. You have to wait and wait for everything, being a coffee in the morning or a cocktail on the hotel terrace in the evening. Hotel is remotely located and you definitely need a car. The prices in the hotel are the only thing you would find in a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Maja05
Stefano-Lai, Direttore generale at Colonna Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Dear Mrs. “ Maja05 “,

as General Manager of the Colonna Resort , I take this opportunity to say thank You to choosing our hotel,

and I also thank You for taking Your time to write this review regarding Your stay with us.

I say thank You also for Your considation regarding our pools and our Private Beach.

Certainly this is our strengths, for sure the better in Porto Cervo (as You have wrote), but also our service is often considered the same.

We are sorry to read that instead You didn't have that impression.

Including the breakfast service, at level 1, in front of the swimming pools and the sea, where we are renovating spaces to improve this service.

In any case We will try to monitor all our services, also better than as we do, already, on daily, to be sure to meet the expectations of all our guests.

Best Regards .

Porto Cervo

Reviewed 15 October 2013

My best friend and I stayed 5 nights at the Resort in early July 2013. This was my 2nd trip to Sardenia and my friend's first. The hotels can be very expensive in Porto Cervo, but we found this to be reasonably priced and very close to Porto Cervo. A car is mandatory if you want to explore the island and preferred if you want to stay at this resort. When we arrived we were initially disappointed in our room which seemed small for the two of us to share. The front desk Manager came up with a terrific solution and was able to put us in two rooms with an adjoining hall for an additional price, but very reasonable. She took great effort in to make sure we remained at the resort and were more comfortable with our rooms. We couldn't have been happier. We had the most terrific view of the yachts going into port, the beautiful and refreshing 5 swimming pools and the small but lovely private beach. We thought this was reason enough to know we were going to enjoy our stay. Yet, it gets better. After checking in and sorting out our room situation, we went to the bar for a libation. We were met by the Bar Manager, Marco Fiore who was fantastic! He made us feel welcomed, fixed our martinis the way we liked them and overall took special care to be professional, gracious and kind. The bar is in a beautiful location on the property with a view that goes on for miles and a breeze in the air. More so, Marco made us feel like royalty. We started every evening and ended most evenings only to see Marco and his wonderful staff that made us feel special and appreciated. Furthermore, the front desk staff were very nice to us, in spite of our initial disappointment with the room. Every time we were in the lobby area, all parties went of their way to greet us or ask about our adventures. Not to mention, every recommendation turned out to be very good and well worth the effort. I would absolutely return to this property. I can only hope the original staff will still be there. Thanks to all!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Stefano-Lai, Direttore generale at Colonna Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Dear Mr. “Terra L “,

as General Manager of the Colonna Resort , I take this opportunity to say thank You to choosing our hotel and I also thank You for taking Your time to write this beautiful review regarding Your stay with us and for Your appreciations for the hotel, for the bars, for the staff.

I send to You one special thanks by Mr. Marco, the Bar Manager, and by Denisa, the Front Office Manager, they say me, it was a very pleasure to serve You.

We hope to give You again a most cordial Welcome to Porto Cervo and we remain at Your disposal for any need or request.

I take this opportunity to send my Best Regards .

Porto Cervo

Cervo Hotel, Costa Smeralda Resort
Airone Hotel
Airone Hotel
#1 of 22 in Baia Sardinia

Been to Colonna Resort? Share your experiences!