“Summer Holiday July 2014”
Review of Colonna Resort

Colonna Resort
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Porto Cervo
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Let me start on a positive which is that the staff at the hotel are great, the waiters and waitresses were brilliant at dinner and at the various bars, The concierge was also extremely helpful throughout our stay at the Colonna Hotel.

However this is not a 5 star hotel, the hotel needs modernizing from head to toe. The rooms and bar areas are very outdated and not in line with what you expect from a 5 star hotel and the price. Everything at the hotel is extremely overpriced and the food choices and buffet for half board customers is again not what you expect from a 5 star hotel.

If this hotel were a 4 star hotel then my review would probably be much better, however I felt it necessary to let any future potential customers to know this is not a 5 star hotel so do not expect it to be.

Room Tip: This is not a 5 star hotel, the rooms are very basic.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Dave H
Stefano-Lai, Direttore generale at Colonna Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Mr. “ Dave H “,

as General Manager of the Colonna Resort , I take this opportunity to say thank You to choosing our hotel and I also thank You for taking Your time to write this review regarding Your stay with us and for Your appreciations for the hotel, the waiters, the waitresses and the concierge.

I'm sorry, but I disagree to your opinion, that the hotel “are very outdated”, for one objective and reality reason:

the hotel is the newest one in Porto Cervo and Costa Smeralda, because it's the most recently opened, in 2009.

The finishes are made for respect to the old traditional Sardinian style of construction, your impression is the confirm that the job has succeeded very well.

Sorry that you have found inappropriate choice of our cuisine and our buffet, because normally we have completely different considerations, for this service, by our customers.

In any case we will try to monitor all our services, even better than as we already do on daily, to be even more sure to meet the expectations as that You hast wrote.

We hope to give You again a most cordial Welcome to Porto Cervo and we remain at Your disposal for any need or request.

I take this opportunity to send my Best Regards .

Porto Cervo

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The outdoor area is very nice with multiple pools, a sweet little beach and a deck. However the lunch outdoor at the hotel spoiled the whole experience. The waitress was close to rude, the food average and it took ages to get the food and the lukewarm coffee. The hotels rooms are nice but quit "old" and not five star. It is located outside porto cervo but there are taxis which are quite expensive. In general the personell in the hotel were very service minded and helpfull.

• Stayed: July 2014
Stefano-Lai, Direttore generale at Colonna Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Mr. “Strandlovinne“,

as General Manager of the Colonna Resort , I take this opportunity to say thank You to choosing our hotel and I also thank You for taking Your time to write this review regarding Your stay with us and for Your appreciations for the hotel and all the service, the pool, the beach and deck.

I'm sorry that You have not enjoyed the service of the pool bar, because normally It's considered, by all guests, at the same level of other services.

I thank You for the compliments to all the staff and I can confirm that normally the girls in the pool bar receive the same praise for the courtesy and service, as demonstrated by the previous reviews.

In any case we will try to monitor all our services , even better than as we already do on daily, to be even more sure to meet the expectations as that You hast wrote.

I take this opportunity to send my Best Regards .

Porto Cervo

Reviewed 5 July 2014

we had a good stay in this 5 star hotel in the month of June. In June the hotel is not so expensive and the service is excellent. the room was clean and large, the staff was friendly and professional. we will suggest this hotel to our friends in USA

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mark k
Stefano-Lai, Direttore generale at Colonna Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear Mr. " mark k"

as General Manager of the Colonna Resort, I take this opportunity to say thank You for choosing our Hotel,

Thanks also for taking the time to write this good review regarding your stay with us and for the wonderful and very kind compliments that you addressed to our hotel, services and staff.

Thank You for recommending our hotel to the readers of Trip Advisor and to your friends.

We hope to can extend again a most cordial Welcome to Porto Cervo and remain at your disposal for any need or request,

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We had an amazing stay at the Colonna resort. First, due to France's strikes, we could only arrive 2 days later, and they were super kind with all the organisation, call Luisa, she will find all the solutions that you could think of !!!
Then the welcome and the place are really incredible. The 5 pools make you feel like if you were alone, and the private beach is really nice. The quality of the food is really excellent and I recommend going there with you husband/wife, great view and new menus everyday!!

The hotel propose great massages, some canoe, paddle and if you want to organise anything, you can ask the concierge Franco, who is one of the best concierge I have met (and I did meet couple :-))

The hotel propose also to book some boat trip or private boats, they come at the pier !!
It s not too close from Porto Cervo, 1,5km is a long way in the Sardina's mountains

One true great hotel: bravissimo

Room Tip: We had a good and quiet room on the 6th floor, better to have the view on the pools and on the see
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Gauthier d
Stefano-Lai, Direttore generale at Colonna Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Mr. " Gauthier”

as General Manager of the Colonna Resort, I want take this opportunity to say thank You for choosing our Hotel,

Thank you also for taking your time to write this wonderful review regarding your stay with us and for the wonderful and very kind compliments that you addressed to our hotel, services and staff, I extend a special thankYou, by Luisa, Franco and all the staff, we are pleased to have turned your vacation into a pleasant experience.

With the hope that We can extend again a most cordial Welcome to Porto Cervo and remain at your disposal for any need or request,

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I organized a long incentive event for a mixed group of ages and nationalities, in this beautiful setting.
It doesn’t matter how beautiful the hotel and surroundings are, you can’t organize a successful event without professional and competent hotel staff to back you up and work with you in all aspects, and at the Colonna Resort they have a top class team.
Every request and any little problem (there are always some in an event of this size) were quickly and efficiently dealt with.
The food was very good and very well presented, the dining room staff were efficiently coordinated by a highly competent maître d’.
A huge thank-you to the events manager and head of reception for all the hard work they put into making this a definitely to be repeated experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BritExpat_65
Stefano-Lai, Direttore generale at Colonna Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Guest"

Thank You also for taking your time to write this wonderful review regarding your stay with us and for the wonderful and very kind compliments that you addressed to our hotel, services and staff, I extend a particular thanksgiving by all of us, from me, the Chef, the Maître from Mrs. Carolina and We confirming to You that We are happy to be able to transform your stay in a pleasant and enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I went there for my honeymoon in June however, little did we know, it wasn't the season yet for Porto Cervo so we practically had the hotel all to ourselves. The staff at the pool bar and reception were quite nice. However another concern was the bill we got when checking out, most of things that we ordered by the pool or by room service weren't signed by us and we couldn't pay in cash so the bill was quite vague and quite expensive. Another thing to try there is their spa!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amina E
Stefano-Lai, Direttore generale at Colonna Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Mr. " Amina E"

About to the payment of the bill I'm sorry that You've had problems, which aren't usual in our hotel, because all the charges in each department can be made by presenting the card of Your room (delivered on arrival), and signing the receipt, are automatically charged to the count of the room. So there isn't possible the error, but We will try to monitor even better than We already do to verify that there is no possibility of doubt.

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful time at the Colonna Resort. I can recommend to everyone. Excellent cuisine. Staff very friendly and professional, service very attentive. They do their best to satisfy your needs from the Restaurant to the reception. And now the negative part.... We could observe guests arriving from very far, notorious for their strict religion observance ...arriving, completely drunk and pretending "fireworks" at any moment. Often, simple employees but great people have to manage the result of the globalization .....not easy, not easy

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Frank63
Stefano-Lai, Direttore generale at Colonna Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Mr. "Frank63"

Thanks also for taking the time to write this good review regarding your stay with us and for the wonderful and very kind compliments that you addressed to our hotel, services and staff, I offer You a thanksgiving particular by all the staff, who are delighted to transform your stay in an enjoyable experience.

As You write, rightly , in our hotel, in fact, the people come from all over the world and with different needs and requirements, We try to please everyone and to limit the claims that can disturb other customers, fortunately in recent years the level of customer in our Resort is always more high and therefore the events like those that you say are always rare, fortunately.

For us, our guests are always the most important thing, regardless of nationality, religion or culture they belong and We try every day to make sure that all live together in harmony in a way that is pleasant to live together, but the hotel is so great that is difficult that disturb each other, especially if they respect the privacy of others.

The world is beautiful because it's various and We can accept the variety trying to make sure that the variety is an added value.

Thank You for understanding of our efforts.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Porto Cervo
#2 of 14 in Santa Margherita di Pula
Hotel Punta Negra
Hotel Punta Negra
#1 of 2 in Fertilia

Been to Colonna Resort? Share your experiences!