I had a mixed opinion regarding this hotel. One thing for sure, if you go expecting a 5 star hotel, u will be disappointed. We've stayed in several 5 star luxury hotels before, so we do know what to expect. I hope that management reading this will take it as constructive criticism.
To point out the positives, the location of the hotel is great as it is less than ten minutes away from the centre of porto cervo, the marina club, and its central so it's close to many other areas. The staff is also very friendly and helpful. The many pools at the hotel are a definite plus, as are the landscaping and the beach area (beautiful). The rooms and bathrooms are clean.
Now for the negatives (some of which are purely management/operational issues that don't fit what is supposed to be a 5 star hotel)
- the hotel is in need of refurbishment for sure, the whole feel is outdated, the dark reddish brown tiles, the rooms (the light colored wood, the stand alone closet, the thin cottony bed spread all give impression of a mountain chalet and not a luxury hotel - and plz don't try to convince me this was intended)
- no sound insulation at all, we changed rooms as we were first staying in the main hotel and the noise above us was unbearable, we moved to a room in an outside sort-of annex but still we could hear the phone ringing 2 rooms away (am sure as I was the one dialing friends in that room), and the noise from housekeeping in the early morning was loud
- we were staying 5 nights and every day we had to go and get a new user name and password from reception for the wifi access in the room which - when it was working- was very weak
- if ur sitting by the pools you can order drinks but not food and if u decide to order drinks u are charged 3 euro extra for that unless you go and get it yourself
- you are given tokens to exchange for towels at the pool (you get them back once you return the towels)
- if you decide to order room service anytime then it is 12 euros extra per person in addition to what you order (first time I have ever seen such a policy!)
- last shuttle service to porto cervo centre is 6pm
So to sum it up, the hotel is ok (mainly due to location, pools) but it is definitely not a 5 star experience at the moment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The first time visitor of COLONNA RESORT, which is about 2 Km from Marina of Porto Cervo, is struck by the orderliness, by the streets, by the villas, the lawns, the rocks, the perfume of the wild vegetation, by the view of the entrance way of the old port of Porto Cervo, that harbors, in the medium and high season, the most beautiful and exclusive boats in the world. THE HOTEL The COLONNA RESORT extends in an area of about 60.000 m², near of the "Cala Granu" beach, in the north of Porto Cervo. The Resort, with sober lines typical of Mediterranean architectural style, it's surrounded by a 50'000 m² park spotted with strawberry trees, myrtle plants and junipers, where the sea, the hills and the surrounding green are the natural frame of this exclusive dwelling, dominated, often, by granite of its confinement walls. Building, sea and nature fuse in perfection, in a unique scenery of rare beauty. THE ROOMS The Resort includes 250 rooms, with numerous deluxe and Suites, almost all of them with balconies or terraces with sea view, luxuriously furnished with every comfort. All the rooms are reachable through various central lifts from a grand hallway situated in the entrance of the Resort. THE RESOURCES 2 restaurants and 2 bars, open spaces for meeting or congress till 650 persons seated, complete the structure. The Resort also offers a Tennis Club with numerous courts and a practice field for Golf, in addition to various boutiques, wellness centre, private garages some of which covered, heliport, a hotel at the beach with the necessary solariums in wood, and coves cut out of the Northern Sardinia rocks. Other services include the choice of different field trips, by boat or with private cars, in addition to the renting of cars, motorbikes and chartering of speed boats. THE SWIMMING POOLS The pools of sea water with solariums, waterfalls, islands and hydro massage corners, are located on different levels and from the rooms reach out to sea, often with extraordinary waterfalls. The solarium and the pool have a surface area of about 8500 m2 . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, LateRooms and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Colonna Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colonna Hotel Porto Cervo
- Colonna Resort Porto Cervo, Sardinia