“Strong sense of disappointment”
Review of Hotel Capriccioli

Hotel Capriccioli
Ranked #19 of 21 Hotels in Porto Cervo
almaty
“Strong sense of disappointment”
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Absolutely not 4 stars! Not foreigners friendly! 1) Staff is not professional (both restaurant Il Pirate and the hotel), 2)very poor (almost absence) English, which caused me 200 euro per dinner (the menu is only in Italian and waitress in very bad english translated just that items which are profitable for him (it was not translated to me that the dish I choose is calculated per 10 grams). I Terrible feeling when you open the menu and like 3 years old child cannot understand a word, 3) absolutely(!) no service – I left confi envelope at the reception, nobody called me and asked if it’s mine (I was the only Russian guest (papers were in Russian)). So 2 days the envelope was at the reception. If I wouldn’t detect that it’s lost I am sure that nobody would return it to me without my request! Nonsense! 4)Everything costs money: 1) my call at the reception with taxi request (price is 0,5 euro per call); 2) tablecloth in restaurant even if its clean (price is 3 euro per dinner). Finally when checking out I asked to take from my card only half of the amount and the rest I would pay cash (the receptionist didn't understand a word!), she took the whole amount from card and allowed herself to scream on me saying that in fact the reception is not her job and she woke up because of me (!) at 700 am! My whole holiday was spoiled! North of Sardinia is gorgeous but choose another hotel. You will be disappointed in Capriccioli if you are not italian!
PS When having my first lunch in the hotel (it was sea food pasta) I found a stone (!) in the plate.If it was not me but a kid - there would be.... I even dont want to think what it would be... The waitress just laughed when i showed him the stone.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank XeniaAlmaty

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Polish first
Venice, Italy
Reviewed 11 September 2012

I doubt it's a coincidence that the restaurant at the Hotel Capriccioli is called Il Pirata. I note that another traveller (see below) claims he was overcharged by 30% in the dining room. He's not alone. I discovered the proprietor, Mrs. Azara, had overcharged me on SEVEN out of eight itemized charges (ranging from the juice in my room's minibar to a (€3!) package of Mentos purchased at the snack bar beneath the hotel). She was completely unapologetic when I brought these "errors" to her attention and grudgingly adjusted my bill only to overcharge me on yet another item the very next day. This in an establishment where double rooms cost €370 in high season. This brazenly greedy woman tarnishes any sense of relaxation or pleasure her guests might seek. Best to avoid the mediocre (and mandatory) meals here and stay at the more fairly priced La Ginestre (one kilometer from the center of Porto Cervo) where the breakfast buffet won't feature canned peaches and saltines.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank eric187870

Travellers are raving about these Porto Cervo hotels

london
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Nice hotel in great location. Nice beach at the hotel and a couple others a short walk across the road. Nice pools as well if you prefer.

But...

Hotel required half board which we don't usually like. Had dinner first of 3 nights. Very mediocre. Ended up eating lunch instead which was fine and convenient. Went out for dinners the other night. Many restaurants within 10-15 minute drive. And not to be cheap, but the meal did not include a drink. So each meal they hit you with a 4 euros per bottle of water charge upon checkout. This may be standard, but was surprised. Overall just felt like they nickel and dimed you there...no free wifi, 4 euros for a beach towel, no deal for the beach chairs at a private beach, etc. perhaps this is standard for this area, but at close to 300 euros per night I expected more.

Overall nice place but felt ripped off a bit

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple