“Trip to Argentario”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Porto Ercole
Wells, United Kingdom
“Trip to Argentario”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

Just returned from a 10 night break in Italy, spent seven nights at the Argentario golf resort.
Lovely location , although a little isolated and was difficult to find. Great service from all the staff. Rooms were spacious , and the hotel moved us on request to be nearer our daughters. The restaurant was very good and food and service very good. Good golf course , although pace of play could be very slow. Pool area was nice, all in all a great holiday although I thought it was a little expensive and hence only four stars.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Moscow, Russia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

We are finishing our two weeks stay with my wife, two little kids, the older son and his girlfriend. I found this hotel rather good for golfing. The course is just next door to the hotel and is never too busy so you can take children with you. The golf club people are always polite and ready to accomodate your special requests. Location is good for rambling Tuskany wineries. As for hotel services and features we have a mixed experience. Restaurant and room service are very good. Having kids special menu requests we used room service a lot. They were always very prompt and polite, food was exactly as ordered and well prepared. Cleaning services were mediocre, for several days our room was not cleaned until 13:00 even though I asked them to come earlier. In the evening cleaning ladies arrived after 9pm when the children were already getting ready to sleep. Do not believe the advertisements that this hotel is good for a family. Kids playground consists of just one little toy house, the slide and the swing. All toys in the kids playroom are old and broken. There is no one to look after the kids. Then there is the beach. Well, the beaches are there, at 10-15 min drive from the hotel, but they have no relation to the hotel. The one that they send people to, called Tuskany Bay, costs 60EUR a day for a sun tent with two beds and is always fully booked. We were trying to book it in advance and for three days there were no places. Once they sent us to another beach which was 20EUR a day a was really horrible. Dirty, crowded, unpleasant staff. So, overall, we are not completely happy about Argentario Golf hotel. For the same price one could have a better quality holiday in other places in Mediterranean.

Room Tip: We had two connected suites at 3rd floor. The rooms were good for our needs.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank jps1140
ArgentarioResort, Direttore at Argentario Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Dear guest

I wanted to express my thanks for the time you have taken to comment on your most recent stay. I offer my sincere apologies that you didn’t have a perfect stay. I will be discussing the major points you have raised concerning timing and other aspects you have mentioned with the relevant head of department.
Your comments about our housekeeping department help us to improve and identify any service inconsistencies that can get fixed, normally their team is giving greater attention to the prioritising of rooms for guest service.
Quite a few of our regular clientele are spending their holidays with the family, I am concerned you didn’t have the same impression of many other guests with children choosing our resort to plan their vacation together.

We are very appreciative of your kind compliments regarding the restaurant and room service staff, friendliness and quality of our service remains our first aim.

In closing I wanted to thank you for your comments and assure you that they help me and my team. I do hope you have the opportunity to return to our Resort in the near future and experience a faultless stay.

Antonio Polesel
Tyumen, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

I stayed in Argentario in July 2013. We ordered transfer so it was not difficult to find. The hotel is situated in a very good place. I wanted to spend my holiday with less people but in beautiful country. Argentario gave me this opportunity. Though it was fully occupied, you can not meet people if you don"t want to! That was absolutely great!!! The place seems slightly isolated, but if you want privacy, if you want to be one with nature, this place is for you. I am not a golf player, but noticed that all golf fields were in perfect condition and very extensive. Want to say some words about the restaurant: superb quality of meal, sometimes my daughters just ordered what they wanted and the chief made everything on the highest level. Great thanks I want to say to Irina, who works in the restaurant, because without her help and descriptions, and advices, we couldn't make a perfect choice. I put Very Good to Kids activities not because they were not perfect but because there were very few children in the hotel. To tell the truth, this is the place for those who wants to take a brake of everything, children included :) As for spa (also Very Good, not Excellent), I prefer very strong massage with all master's force. This time it was very mild. My special thanks to Aisa, who works on the reception! She was so very much helpful that I can't imagine our vacation without her! When we left the hotel, my daughter said: "I don't want to leave! This is like home here!!!" So, my great thanks and best wishes to everybody, who works in Argentario!!! These people are very polite, attentive and they make the stay of hotel guests there perfect!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Hemet
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

My husband and I were blessed with a trip to Italy and rounded it out with a weeks stay at the Argentario Resort and Spa. I have to admit that it was a bit tough to find, and we drove through some areas that made it hard for my to believe that this resort was there somewhere. However, once we found it, it was breathtaking. The staff was very friendly and willing to share their personal knowledge of the area. We were able to visit local restaurants and several cities and small villages upon their recommendations. Most of the places we visited were only about an hour away. The history and the architecture were incredible. The rooms were beautiful and everything was very clean. The staff, as I said was wonderful. We especially fell in love with Barbara, our server every morning at breakfast. She went above and beyond and we were sad to leave her. The food was incredible. Breakfast every morning was quite a spread and everything was delicious. The restaurant for dinner was wonderful, as well, again with excellent service. For the fun...the golf course was unforgettable. The grounds were pristine, the scenery was amazing, and the course itself was a great challenge. My husband took a golf lesson from their resident golf pro, and I would say he has been able to shave off 15-20 strokes from his game since our visit. Overall, our trip to Italy was one of the best experiences of our lives. I would recommend a visit to this resort.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robyn H
Rome, Lazio, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

Stayed 1 night in this hotel and booked a Travel club room. Room was amazing loved the style and the view was just breathtaking. Food was just OK and could have been better but again the views at dinner and sunset made it seem understandable. They booked our chairs at the beach which was at Tuscany Bay that also was outstanding with top notch service. The hotel spa is on my list of top 2 that I have visited. Staff is very friendly and helpful. I really enjoyed this hotel and its outstanding service and couldn't really find anything to complain about. We will be booking at this hotel again for another quick weekend getaway.

Room Tip: If you like a open concept then book a Travel club room.
1 Thank Christopher G
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

This is a high quality wellness resort in the heart of the Argentario region. Location is fantastic, facilities are modern (difficult to find in Italy), rooms are spacious and comfortable, and has a quality spa. Well designed and well built. Service is reasonable (good for Italian standard).

The one downside is that this is a hot location and a trendy area, therefore driving up prices. Therefore, you will really struggle to get value for money.

Room Tip: Most rooms are facing the sea.
1 Thank kangelini
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

This was a 60th Birthday treat for my wife and we both had a very relaxed holiday enjoying the facilities, the setting, the food and flora and fauna. the golf course provided great walks even though neither of us play but it looked fantastic.
The menu was varied and very healthy although I thought the deserts were disappointing apart from the crème brule. The spa facilities were excellent as were the treatments we experienced, very relaxing and restful.
the staff were very helpful and whilst we had the half board we found that we needed little for lunch.
well worth a visit!!

Room Tip: Had a Superior room which was very well appointed. All rooms had their own private patios and the as...
1 Thank Ron W
#2 of 5 in Porto Santo Stefano
Hotel Villa Domizia
Hotel Villa Domizia
#1 of 5 in Porto Santo Stefano

Been to Argentario Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!