I am cook. So first things first: food :)
I will never spend 600 EURO in a spa, i think its ridiculous. But I do not mind to spend this amount or even more for a dinner in a good restaurant.
With one but. it has to be worth it. What can I say about their 2 michelin star restaurant …. fusion-confusion. I felt robed.
Yes, serves was excellent. Setting is stunningly beautiful. But i loooove food. And this is the prime reason i go to the restaurant.
To be fare, plates looked beautiful. just right amount of food, lovely colour combinations, modern design. But the taste of most of the dishes is a complete
failure. Some combinations for a simple disaster.
The chef is playing with Indian flavour, trying to implement them into european cooking. Love Indian food. Cook it. Had training in India.
That dishes was just wrong.
Another restaurant's food is more straight forward and simple, but you know, it is fine! I enjoyed my meals there.
The hotel. its OK. The best on the coast for sure. But on the world scale, nothing special. We had garden room. Good size, design is matter of taste. not my cup of coffee.
Gorgeous bathroom thought. Also checked rooms in a main building. I can not imagine anyone who will like it, especially for the money you pay.
Overall: will never come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The elegant five-star hotel, located in Tuscany's Maremma region, was built in the mid-1960s as a love nest for Michael and Patricia Graham and it is today part of The Leading Hotels of the World. The home, called Il Pellicano as a tribute to the first time the couple met at Pelican Point in California, was initially a club for the Grahams' friends, but was subsequently expanded and opened to friends of friends. However, a few things remained the same: the pleasure of feeling at home and the glamorous and slightly retro atmosphere. The hotel's discrete luxury and the still-rugged Tuscan countryside attract the international jet set. Today, the cottages and the central building are suspended between the sky and the sea, with large rooms, windows and terraces where it's unclear where the indoors end and the outdoors begin. There are pathways and stairways, fragrant gardens and discrete corners, a restaurant with one Michelin stars and three Gambero Rosso forks, a heated sea-water swimming pool, a spa with a sea view to soothe both the body and the soul, and for those wanting to take a dip in the Tyrrhenian Sea, a white platform with chaise longue and immaculate parasols. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Il Pellicano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Pellicano Hotel Porto Ercole
- Il Pellicano Porto Ercole
- Hotel Il Pellicano Porto Ercole, Italy - Tuscany