I have read most of the reviews, especially the Average, Poor and Terrible ones. The people that wrote in these categories are obviously unsophisticated travellers who carry emotional baggage far beyond their suitcases.
I have been looking at this property for a long time and finally had the privilege to stay there. Simply stated, it rates right up there with the finest luxury small hotels in the world.
The property is physically stunning, with its brilliant architecture and finely manicured foliage.
The facilities are excellent, well-maintained and the rooms (each one being different) vary from small and comfortable to large and magnificent. All are immaculate.
The cuisine is outstanding in both restaurants and on the beach.
The single best factor that separates Il Pellicano from other luxury properties and makes it so superlative, is the staff; in any organization, a "top-down" phenomenon is seen. Here, it is the General Manager (Danilo Guerrini) that sets the pace. This man is most gregarious, polite, warm and accommodating. He is omnipresent, from morning till night and he runs a tight ship - yet seems to be loved and respected by all the employees. He constantly strives to improve every detail. And this philosophy carries down to every employee, in every department. Always greeted with a smile and by name from all staff, guests feel so welcome and pampered here.
Special mention should be made of Tanya at Reception, Antonio the brilliant and charismatic waiter and Gabriella, one of the wonderful restaurant managers. But if truth be told, ALL the employees exemplify the passion and charm of the General Manager.
I honestly did not expect to enjoy this stay as much as I did. It exceeded every expectation.
Il Pellicano is a
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The elegant five-star hotel, located in Tuscany's Maremma region, was built in the mid-1960s as a love nest for Michael and Patricia Graham and it is today part of The Leading Hotels of the World. The home, called Il Pellicano as a tribute to the first time the couple met at Pelican Point in California, was initially a club for the Grahams' friends, but was subsequently expanded and opened to friends of friends. However, a few things remained the same: the pleasure of feeling at home and the glamorous and slightly retro atmosphere. The hotel's discrete luxury and the still-rugged Tuscan countryside attract the international jet set. Today, the cottages and the central building are suspended between the sky and the sea, with large rooms, windows and terraces where it's unclear where the indoors end and the outdoors begin. There are pathways and stairways, fragrant gardens and discrete corners, a restaurant with one Michelin stars and three Gambero Rosso forks, a heated sea-water swimming pool, a spa with a sea view to soothe both the body and the soul, and for those wanting to take a dip in the Tyrrhenian Sea, a white platform with chaise longue and immaculate parasols. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Il Pellicano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Pellicano Hotel Porto Ercole
- Il Pellicano Porto Ercole
- Hotel Il Pellicano Porto Ercole, Italy - Tuscany