My wife and I spent a relaxing 4 days at this cliffside resort. It's branded as a hotel but they have a pool, a spa, a beach club and tennis courts, so in my mind it's a resort. We had a beautiful suite with a spacious patio overlooking the sea. The place has an old world Italian charm and elegance. It's setting is very beautiful, tucked in a cove nestled between towering hills and the sea. The staff is professional, super friendly and extremely efficient. They truly are there to make sure you have the best stay possible and they did. Especially Francesco, Michele and Gabriella in the restaurant and Fernando in the hotel.
The restaurant is amazing and is a destination in itself. You can order the tasting menu or order ala Carte. Either way you will be pleased.They also have an extensive wine list and their sommeliers are brilliant. We never had a bad meal. The restaurant sits on a deck that overlooks the water and the views are stunning. Except we never saw a pelican.
Be prepared to pay for what you get. But it's hard to find such a great total package in a Hotel/Resort. We'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The elegant five-star hotel, located in Tuscany's Maremma region, was built in the mid-1960s as a love nest for Michael and Patricia Graham and it is today part of The Leading Hotels of the World. The home, called Il Pellicano as a tribute to the first time the couple met at Pelican Point in California, was initially a club for the Grahams' friends, but was subsequently expanded and opened to friends of friends. However, a few things remained the same: the pleasure of feeling at home and the glamorous and slightly retro atmosphere. The hotel's discrete luxury and the still-rugged Tuscan countryside attract the international jet set. Today, the cottages and the central building are suspended between the sky and the sea, with large rooms, windows and terraces where it's unclear where the indoors end and the outdoors begin. There are pathways and stairways, fragrant gardens and discrete corners, a restaurant with one Michelin stars and three Gambero Rosso forks, a heated sea-water swimming pool, a spa with a sea view to soothe both the body and the soul, and for those wanting to take a dip in the Tyrrhenian Sea, a white platform with chaise longue and immaculate parasols. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Il Pellicano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Pellicano Hotel Porto Ercole
- Il Pellicano Porto Ercole
- Hotel Il Pellicano Porto Ercole, Italy - Tuscany