This is a very posh hotel at a lovely if somewhat remote location (not in Porto Ercole -- about 15 minutes away across some mountain roads, with nothing in the area outside of the resort). The hotel and facilities are attractive and comfortable. The service is very attentive -- in fact, so attentive that it made me uncomfortable -- but lacking real warmth. When we were there (in May) the only restaurant open in the evening was the very expensive Michelin two star restaurant, which was troubling given that driving to/from Porto Ercole after dark was not the most pleasant experience. Our room was acceptable. Everything in the hotel is reached by stairs, which would be a problem for anyone with limited mobility (not a problem for us). All in all, about what I would expect from a "Leading Hotel of the World" -- fine if that level of formality/fawning attention is what one is after, but not for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The elegant five-star hotel, located in Tuscany's Maremma region, was built in the mid-1960s as a love nest for Michael and Patricia Graham and it is today part of The Leading Hotels of the World. The home, called Il Pellicano as a tribute to the first time the couple met at Pelican Point in California, was initially a club for the Grahams' friends, but was subsequently expanded and opened to friends of friends. However, a few things remained the same: the pleasure of feeling at home and the glamorous and slightly retro atmosphere. The hotel's discrete luxury and the still-rugged Tuscan countryside attract the international jet set. Today, the cottages and the central building are suspended between the sky and the sea, with large rooms, windows and terraces where it's unclear where the indoors end and the outdoors begin. There are pathways and stairways, fragrant gardens and discrete corners, a restaurant with one Michelin stars and three Gambero Rosso forks, a heated sea-water swimming pool, a spa with a sea view to soothe both the body and the soul, and for those wanting to take a dip in the Tyrrhenian Sea, a white platform with chaise longue and immaculate parasols. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Il Pellicano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Pellicano Hotel Porto Ercole
- Il Pellicano Porto Ercole
- Hotel Il Pellicano Porto Ercole, Italy - Tuscany