“Faulty Towers Eat Your Heart Out....RUBBISH!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Casa Rosa

Hotel Casa Rosa
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Portoferraio
Surrey
“Faulty Towers Eat Your Heart Out....RUBBISH!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

I can honestly say that my wife and I haven’t stayed in such a bad hotel before; it was so bad that it was funny!
The Room: big dark green room with a dim light so very dark. It reminded me of a prison cell or a throwback to the 60’s when the hotel may have had its heyday. In the old falling apart cupboards we found someone’s old socks and cheap necklace in, probably from the 1960’s again, the last time someone stayed in it or the last time it was cleaned. At night I thought the room was haunted...BANG BANG BANG! This turned out to be the plumbing so every time the guy above used the toilet we heard that! By the way we could hear everything from the neighbouring rooms even down the flatulence and everything toilet related.
The Food: this really was a joke, breakfast consisted of a continental style which would normally be ok but I can honestly say that everything was disgusting. I have had better on a cross channel trucker’s ferry, even down to the bread roll, everything was bad! Then as we were digesting this horrible food the waiter appeared to take our lunch menu! I thought he was joking or mad to be taking my lunch order at 8am. He said it was because the food was all made fresh so to give the chef time. What a load of rubbish, when we ate it was worse than breakfast, absolutely disgusting and I heard the microwave ping! Fresh, yeah right.
The Beach: lovely beach apart from who I now know to be the life guard. My wife and I were on loungers at the front when this guy walked up and said “GET OFF”. I said pardon me, he said “OFF”! I told him to get lost then he started shouting and threw my towel of the bed. I went to the hotel reception to complain about the behaviour or one of their guests and was told “oh no that is the life guard!” Apparently people pay to reserve the front row beds years in advance on the off chance they may be passing and want to use it, no one else can in the meantime. We then had to sit at the back with this lifeguard taking the mick out of me in Italian thinking I couldn’t understand him.
The only good points would be location and leaving. Stay at the Hermitage instead like we should have!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank SurreyPurdy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portoferraio
Hotel Biodola
#1 of 10 in Procchio
Hotel Brigantino
Hotel Brigantino
#3 of 10 in Procchio

Been to Hotel Casa Rosa? Share your experiences!