“The Friendliest Man on Elba”
Review of Caffe' Del Porto

Caffe' Del Porto
Central Saanich, Canada
“The Friendliest Man on Elba”
Reviewed 24 January 2012

My wife and I spent our 2-week honeymoon in Italy in July and August of last year (2011). After spending close to 9 hours on Italian trains travelling from Sorrento to Elba one day, we arrived in the Port on a ferry that served cold Italian beer and it was nice. But because we arrived 3 hours late, our rental car driver and car had left. And so we went to Caffe' Del Porto to see about borrowing a phone to call the company. Well, not only did the owner let us borrow his phone and refused to let me buy an espresso, he actually got on the phone and acted as our translator to the car rental company. Meanwhile, the owner's wife is making my wife an espresso and making her feel welcome on Elba.

Needless to say, it was the first experience we had with the Elba residents and it was the most enjoyable on our entire 3 days in Elba. Truly, a wonderful couple of owners and very, very friendly staff. (Many of whom did not speak English, but were so helpful.)

Of all cafes on Elba, this is the one that my and wife would recommend the most.

Buono!