I found Hotel Biodola through CharmingTuscany.com. My wife and I have been here for the last 4 days and have found a comfortable and relaxing rhythm. Every member of the staff here is exceptionally polite and well trained in customer service. Presently the hotel is mostly booked with Italian couples and families and it seems they have been coming for years. The staff is so kind and accommodating to every guest and every request. It is a very nice feeling here with warm smiles all around; very much seeming like a throw back to kinder and gentler times. There is no attempt at cool or chic, just warmth and welcome. Domenico, the bartender is particularly kind, interesting and helpful. He handmade fresh, white peach juice at home and brought it in to make drinks or mix with champagne. Clearly we love the vibe.
That being said, everything works well in our suite, the bed is comfortable, shower and AC are good and the view from the balcony is unforgettable. We have the half-board which includes breakfast and dinner. Breakfast is a casual affair. Dinner is served in the dining room. The food is good and the service at dinner is top-notch. Tonight we are going the nearby sister hotel, Hermitage, for dinner at a little seaside restaurant. They are crediting our dinner here against our charges there.
At the beach, each guest has a chair and umbrella ready for them and there is none of that crazy jockeying we see at American hotels where guests go claim chairs (which they don't use for hours) just to get a spot.
Come to Biodola for some real service in a perfect setting. Don't come if you are looking for tons of action and partying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the magnificent Biodola bay, the hotel has a large private sand beach, 8 clay tennis courts, 9-hole golf course.The hotel's restaurant is famous for its exquisite cuisine and service. Maitu' beach restaurant offers a range of Tuscan specialties. Rooms and suites all with terrace, have all the comforts one would expect of a top-class hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Biodola reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Biodola Hotel Portoferraio
- Hotel Biodola Elba Island, Italy