We've been at hotel Biodola end of june 2013 after a trip through tuscany. We were lucky and had great weather almost all two weeks. Therefore we really could enjoy the excellent beach. It is extraordinary clean and the water is dark blue as it should be. Almost all days exclusive yachts came to enjoy the beach as well which also proofs the unique quality. The hotel also offers a great terrace with breathtaking views on the sunset.
The rooms were very clean and nice. However, they are certainly not "modern". The inerior looks a bit used and may have already seen the one or the other year too much. However, everything works fine and is clean as said. The whole room has a tiled floor, which we prefer since it is a bit more hygienic, however, of course also a little "cold". One disadvantage is that the glass doors to the balcony are all but well isolated. You hear almost everything from outside. When there is live music at the terrance it is like the band would play inside your room. On the other hand you also hear the sea very clearly in your room which we found extremely nice - thus, it can be an advantage as well.
Another advantage of the hotel is the dinner. Every evening they offer a four course menu where you also can choose between different meals. The quality of the food is excellent and so is the service. Once a week they had a tuscany evening in the beach bar Maitu - don't miss this, it is even one class better than the normal dinner with a huge variety of different meals from tuscany and especially great prosciutto and slami choices and fruits.
The breakfast is ok. They have a buffet with an average number of choices. Very good "cappucio" and espresso (but this is normal for tuscany ;-) but nothing special at all.
We went out the one or the other night, but not in Biodola since there is absolutely nothing to go to around the hotel - thus, you need a car to get to Portoferraio, Procchio or Mariciana Marina (this one we liked most by far!). So directly in Biodola there is almost nothing you can do outside the hotels.
All in all it is very good four star hotel in a great location. We were struggling a bit on how to review it but decided at the end to give it three points. It is a price value decision since the hotel is very expensive and having this in mind it is ok overall. However, this shouldn't change the positive views you can read above, we really had a wonderful time in Biodola!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the magnificent Biodola bay, the hotel has a large private sand beach, 8 clay tennis courts, 9-hole golf course.The hotel's restaurant is famous for its exquisite cuisine and service. Maitu' beach restaurant offers a range of Tuscan specialties. Rooms and suites all with terrace, have all the comforts one would expect of a top-class hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Biodola reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Biodola Hotel Portoferraio
- Hotel Biodola Elba Island, Italy