“Massively less than I expected for what I paid!!!!!”
Review of Hotel della Baia

Hotel della Baia
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Porto Venere
Reviewed 10 November 2012

I was really looking forward to staying at this hotel based on many of the other reviews, however, it was a real disappointment, so much so that I was glad not too stay longer than I needed. The service was terribly slow, so slow that I needed to ask three times to get served. There was a noisy public function that disturbed my sleep. I was told that it was fully booked and that I could not join. I would have expected to be made aware of this event at the time of booking and given the option of joining in if I wanted (it was after all a public and not a private function!) The night I stayed the hotel offered a special rate, but this was not made available to me! I would not stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank freq_biz_tripper

Reviewed 24 April 2012

This was a lovely surprise spot. The hotel was very clean with a good breakfast and friendly and helpful staff. It was located right across the road from a peaceful marina and far enough away from the bustling tourist crowds of Cinque Terre. This hotel is located in the small town of Le Grazie (rather than in the main town of Portovenere) so best if you have a car to get around. But once here, it is a peaceful town with some quality restaurants. A fine alternative to the narrow and crowded streets of the towns that make up the outer edges of Cinque Terre.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank RoamingSamurai
Reviewed 10 April 2012

This hotel was very nice for the area. It sits right on the water in the port and there are good signs leading up to it. The hotel lobby and restaurant are very nice. The rooms are a little small with a small European shower. (but that is everywhere in Europe) The bed was not super comfortable. They had a good continental breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KingKevin000
Reviewed 30 October 2011

Bad nes the hotel sold us a room good for two as one that was good for four (2 adults, 2 kids) we would have been very uncomfortable

Good news they gave us another room for no extra charge so kids could have their own room.

We would have been very uncomfortable in one room, even with taking in account typical rooms in Europe are smaller than in north America.

Room Tip: Book two rooms in this case but negotiate price
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Blair D
Reviewed 11 October 2011

We booked this hotel believing it was in Portovenere, but it is in fact a 10 minute drive away. Apart from this, it is a reasonably modern and popular hotel with a quality restaurant. The views across the harbor are surreal.

• Stayed: September 2011
3  Thank John v
Reviewed 12 October 2009

We had a perfectly average experience at this hotel. Had I not been paying luxury hotel prices, it would have been fine. The hotel setting and decor in the public areas was nice, and the swimming pool was too cold to use but clean. The location is great for those with cars; it's a short drive to Cinque Terre and Portovenere from there. There is no beach within walking distance to the hotel.

Our room was quite small and plain. There was a very nice patio with a lovely view of the harbor. I admit to being picky about bathrooms, but this one needed renovating and there was some black mildew growing here and there. I would only stay here again if the price was more of a bargain.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank AustinSchnitzel
Reviewed 16 July 2008

Be aware, this hotel is not situated in Portovenere, but Le Grazie. This is a 10 minutes busride from Portovenere.
We stayed 2 nights during our honeymoon. After having dinner, we arrived at the hotel at midnight, and the main door was closed, and nobody opened. Luckily we had the tlfno. to the hotel and got contact with the nightportier after 30 minutes.. Very bad experience.. No excuse the day after when we informed the staff at the front desk.

And the hotel need renovation.
Stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank boss099