Hotel Paradiso
Royal Sporting Hotel(Porto Venere)
US$267
US$259
Travelocity
  • Pool
Baia Blu RTA(Lerici)(Great Value!)
US$223
US$192
HotelsClick
  • Bar/Lounge
Grand Hotel Portovenere(Porto Venere)
  • Beachfront
Hotel della Baia(Porto Venere)
Hotel Genio(Porto Venere)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
Hotel Belvedere(Porto Venere)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Le Grazie(Porto Venere)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Stella Marina(San Terenzo)
Very Good 4/5
Hotel Il Giglio(San Terenzo)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsla speziacinque terrevery nice hotelwonderful hospitalitycharming townmade to ordergood sizemusselsbeach towelswould stay here againamazing viewsshort walkfell in lovegreat view and locationstayed for two nightsseafoodthe hotel staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I have never been one to write reviews, but planning a trip to the Italian Riviera, I did a lot of research online and found it very helpful. I pledged I would repay all the great sites by reviewing the places we stayed!
We really liked this hotel. It has a great hotel bar for an arrival drink, with the most amazing views. It is quite far inland, which you only can get to Portovenere by 1 road, and out by 1 road, so I would suggest at least 2 night stay if youre going to go out to the point. That being said, there really isnt that much to do in Portovenere. There is a cute walk through the town on the hill, and a castle and church, but you can do it in one day. You could stay here and take the ferries to Cinque Terre, but you would need to allow all day to go there.
Overall, the hotel is very clean, fresh and people are very very nice. I think I would suggest staying in Cinque Terre if that is your main spot to visit as this is a bit secluded.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank kat s
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I scoured the Internet looking at options for staying while visiting the Cinque Terre. Many of the hotels looked bad. I like very nice hotels. That being said we chose this place to stay at based on a traveller we just meet while staying in Siena at the Grand hotel. They had just been here and highly recommended it. Of course ,I got on trip advisor because I was not even thinking of this town as a point to embark from. As it turns out this is so delightful. First , the hotel is very nice, very clean , simple and plain, beautiful views , parking available ,great restaurant and breakfast with wonderful views, close to town 5 min. Tops walk , there is a lift or elevator, nice welcoming staff, air conditioning, and the rooms are not huge but a really nice size. The town is so much better then I could have imagined. Quaint seaside with many nice restaurants. And the very ,very ,very best thing is that there is the ferry that takes you to all the 5 villages of the CinqueTerre weather permitting remember and it is 5 min from hotel . You can get to La Spezia to take the train if you do not like boats. Also a bus or taxis can take you there. But that town is a dump ,do not stay there. Going by ferry was so awesome . I was so apprehensive about finding a decent hotel and I have high standards. This is a very lovely hotel and to me the very best way to have had the Cinque Terre experience. The town is picture perfect and yes our gps brought us direct from Siena, no problem. I came from the Grand hotel in Siena tohere ,so you know if I like this kind of 5 star to 3 it is nice. Good tv got to watch Ryder cup and there is wifi. What else... Nothing it was very nice..... Slippers and toiletries included and hair dyer . We changed rooms our first room had a large bed and in another section bunk twins so if families need to be all together this would be great. They were not in some loft as another reviewer wrote just a different part of the same big room.

Room Tip: Most rooms had views
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ms.go-go
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Strange hotel and staff not over friendly or helpful. Felt they where more interested in Italy guests then any other visitors fro around the world. Room wasn't very nice. Thin k they gave us a family room for 2 and the two extra beds where up on a balcony in the roof and made the room hot. Small bathroom. B'fast wasn't anything special. Nowhere to sit outside on a hot day.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jonty1960
Reviewed 26 July 2012

The Hotel Paradiso is just as you drive into Portovenere, but, don't be deterred that it is out of town - a short walk down the hill or along the waterfront brings you into the heart of the town. Five minutes maximum.
Views from the breakfast room, lounge and restaurant overlook the promenade and small boats and across the beautiful sea. Open the shutters in your room and the views are to die for! A lovely way to wake up.
We dined in the restaurant and the food and service was excellent. Luigi looked after us like we were old friends and we enjoyed the food very much. Not at all like a lot of hotel food is like - very authentic.
Portovenere is a gorgeous town with lots of wonderful restaurants, bars, big boats and wonderful colourful buildings.. and then of course the ferry is ready to take you up the coast to other fabulous towns.

Room Tip: there is a lift to all bedrooms and a lift that takes you down towards the promenade - BUT there are quite a few steps once you get out of the lift.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lyndallaussie
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We stayed at Portovenere one night on our way south and we chose Hotel Paradiso because of the Tripadviser rating of 3. Portovenere is a brilliant town and our mistake was not staying longer, 3 nights would have been good.

The GPS took us to the doorstep of Paradiso and we parked at the door for free. The hotel is old and the amenities are what you would expect of an old 3 star hotel. The rooms are small, nice bathroom but there are soundproof issues between the rooms. Nevertheless they are clean and adequate.

Clearly the beauty of this hotel is the views of the harbor and most rooms appear to get one as does the restaurant.

The breakfast had limited options and ham and eggs were cooked to order. It was satisfactory.

The staff were very good, welcoming and happy to assist in any way.

Would I stay there again? I would prefer a better quality hotel however this was satisfactory for one night.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a view otherwise stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple