“Best meal we have ever eaten!”
Review of La Tagliata

La Tagliata
Ranked #14 of 90 Restaurants in Positano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: La Tagliata is a family restaurant no fancy, we do not have menu a la carte but we provide our house menu for a fixed price of Euro 40 per persons,in the kitchen there are Mamma and Papa whom cook the typical dishes of our house menu: vegetables from the gardens ( parmigiana di melanzane, zucchini, egg- plants, beas,pea,salami, parma ham , ricotta, mozzarella etc..Trittico di pASTA ( three differnt kind of home-made pasta called also mamma's pasta than mixed and grilled meat .. Potatoes and green salad fROM our gardens ,, fruits of the seasons, mixED of home made desserts our house wine is included. However concering the wine I would like point here that we also have our wine list so it means that guests whom like have differnt wine can chooice and select from it , our list provide a vast range of the best and famous Italian wine . We also provide a free pick up in case you stay in positano area , we suggest to make reservation at least 10 days in advance thanks for your attention have a nice saty in Positano. PS: we also have lovely rooms in our famrhouse two detached small studios
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I booked this restaurant over a month ago based on the reviews we read for one of our two nights in Positano. We were definitely not disappointed. La Tagliatta exceeded our expectations from the hotel pickup, the location, the view, the service, the atmosphere and most importantly the food which was plentiful. You don't choose your meal but rather eat the food mamma has cooked that day. And the price was the most surprising. For around 5 courses and a bottle of wine we only paid 70 euro for two!! Make sure you book this restaurant if you're in Positano.

1  Thank MariaJohnny2014
Write a ReviewReviews (4,033)

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We were brought here for lunch while on a tour with Naples Tour Service. They brought out lots of veggies and antipasti, then we had a pasta course and then dessert. House wine flowed and they gave us Lemoncello with dessert. The view is amazing!

1  Thank adkirk25
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This restaurant was recommended to us by the apartment proprietor we rented from in Positano. It was one of our highlights in our visit to the Amalfi coast. Because of the crazy narrow roads on the Amalfi coast, it is much easier to arrange to be picked up by a shuttle bus at two or three stopping places along the highway, than to drive yourself to the restaurant. The restaurant is high up on a cliff in Positano, so the views of the coast and water are stunning. Food was fantastic. You do not order from a menu – when you get there, they tell you what they are going to bring to the table, and it was a very nice selection of pastas and meats. Every item was delicious, and the service was great. We had a wonderful meal here, and would definitely go back if we are ever again in Positano. Prices were very low given the atmosphere and quality of food – a very good deal and worth every Euro. The shuttle bus ride itself was an experience, because of the views and narrow winding roads up the side of the cliff.

2  Thank AshesToProveIt
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

On the recommendation of joebananalimos I spent my last evening of my vacation at la taglita. I am so sad t hat I am leaving tomorrow and will not be back until September. Tonight has been nothing less than fantastico. From the ride up from Sorrento to the beautiful scenery to the most wonderful evening. Food, ambience, staff excellent. Had the opportunity to meet Vincenzo who was do gracious and welcoming as was s ll his staff. The food and wine were excellent. I will recommend to all of my friends visiting in the fall. I will be back for sure. Thank you V incenzo for a wonderful evening. I will treasure my remembrance. See you on the fall.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Food amazing and view. Atmosphere plus singing dancing playing musical instruments 10 out of 10 thank you for a very memorable night and extremely good value

2  Thank Greenynz