“Incredible !!! ”
Review of La Tagliata

La Tagliata
Ranked #12 of 92 Restaurants in Positano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: La Tagliata is a family restaurant no fancy, we do not have menu a la carte but we provide our house menu for a fixed price of Euro 40 per persons,in the kitchen there are Mamma and Papa whom cook the typical dishes of our house menu: vegetables from the gardens ( parmigiana di melanzane, zucchini, egg- plants, beas,pea,salami, parma ham , ricotta, mozzarella etc..Trittico di pASTA ( three differnt kind of home-made pasta called also mamma's pasta than mixed and grilled meat .. Potatoes and green salad fROM our gardens ,, fruits of the seasons, mixED of home made desserts our house wine is included. However concering the wine I would like point here that we also have our wine list so it means that guests whom like have differnt wine can chooice and select from it , our list provide a vast range of the best and famous Italian wine . We also provide a free pick up in case you stay in positano area , we suggest to make reservation at least 10 days in advance thanks for your attention have a nice saty in Positano. PS: we also have lovely rooms in our famrhouse two detached small studios
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

One of our favorite experiences from our trip to Italy was dinner at La Tagliata! There is no menu here ... they serve you several courses of traditional Italian cuisine and lots of wine for 1 set price for the evening. The food was incredible, the location and view is stunning and the service cannot be beat! This place is a MUST if you’re in the Positano area!

1  Thank Stevie D
Write a ReviewReviews (4,208)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My family of 9 was fortunate to discover this awesome restaurant. No menu which gave us an opportunity to open our minds and experience so many tastes of the region. The view was spectacular and the staff was friendly and helpful. As a matter of fact, we were encouraged to not eat the bread which allowed us to sample more food. Wish we had more farm to table choices.

1  Thank judymarsicano
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

With people this friendly and a view this breathtaking, I wish I could give a five-star review, but unfortunately, it was probably our least favorite meal during our 2.5 week stay in Italy.

I read many reviews of La Tagliata, and I knew this was an experience I did not want to miss! I made reservations well in advance, and the shuttle picked us up from our hotel (what a ride!). The view was absolutely stunning, and we could not stop smiling and looking out at the water! We were seated directly on the railing, so we had one of the best seats in the house!

Our server was so friendly, and my daughter (3 years old) fell in love with Cicho, the resident parrot. Our server even took the parrot out for my daughter to see up close because she was so enamored. I honestly can't get over how much Italians love children and try their best to make them smile and have a great time (this is a bit different from some parts of the U.S. in restaurants).

We were really excited to sample the plethora of dishes, but I feel like our food looked very different from the images I viewed during our research (and even images I see from the same time period we visited). Everything tasted good, but we both agreed that we were the least excited about this food by the end of the trip. There was a wedding taking place that night (what a magical venue!), so I am not sure if they were preoccupied with the large party, but I guess we expected more. If we had to do it over again, we would probably visit for lunch when it is a bit cheaper, but then we would have missed out on the sunset!

Although I feel grateful for the opportunity to see such an incredible view of Positano and the opportunity to have met some delightful people on the shuttle/in the restaurant/on the bus back to Positano, we were a bit disappointed to miss out on a potentially more enjoyable meal.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We dined here for lunch on our way between Sorrento and Amalfi.

The first thing you notice as you walk down is the exceptional views of the cliff side and coast line.

The service here was very welcoming and friendly.

We had the set menu lunch as part of our tour and it did not disappoint.

I would love to return and try more of there menu items.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

La Tagliata was recommended to us by our driver Luigi. We had no idea it was a family style restaurant. So much food! There were bruschettas, vegetables, pastas, meat.......then dessert. The food was delicious, the wine unlimited and the price very reasonable. Service was excellent and the view was very nice. They also supplied a shuttle service from our hotel to the restaurant and back. In all, I would totally recommend this restaurant for a delicious meal.

1  Thank Maria N