“Great Meal - Great Service”

Ristorante Mediterraneo
Ranked #20 of 88 Restaurants in Positano
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Mediterraneo is a little family run restaurant where we will take care of our guests in a nice, romantic but unformal atmosphere. We try to keep traditional flavors and recepies as first of all we do like eating.Using fresh seasonal products, we like to cook fish specialties, vegetables and "al dente" home-made pasta, the same way our grandmas used to.The right location for pre-wedding lunch.It's mostly a nice place where you can sit, eat and drink well, discussing of art or listening to good napolitan live music. Enzo always organises art exibitions, books presentation, wine tastings and music evenings.
Hollywood, Florida
“Great Meal - Great Service”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

While visiting the Amalfi Coast in November 2013, our private tour guide suggested this amazing restaurant - and we were not disappointed! The owner, Lorenzo and his staff went out of their way to make sure we felt welcome, greeting us with Prosecco to begin our wonderful meal. My husband still raves about the baby octopus with "forbidden rice" and I can still taste the delicious pasta. We finished our divine meal with espresso, Limoncello, and the breathtaking view. This is a "must" if you visit Positano.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank FLORIDAJUDE

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Not what i expected”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Unfortunately I have to disagree with the general ratings here. Although the fish was fresh, served by the owners itself and the atmosphere was truly friendly, the overall experience was not worth the price of the bill. They don't offer wine by the glass and the house option was mediocre. Also, stay away from desserts, this was the worst tiramisu I've ever had.
OK food + old bread + bad house wine + bad dessert + overpriced = poor experience

Tip: there is a bright side though, they serve food till late. If you are looking for dinner after 10 pm this is your place.

1 Thank EuFederico
Houston, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Two great meals!!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We ate here twice during our stay in Positano and both meals were great. The two brothers are so friendly and helpful and the staff provided excellent service. We loved everything we tried. You can't go wrong with this family-run restaurant.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank sjoyce0129
Seattle, Washington
“Very nice staff in a decent restaurant (with FANTASTIC dessert)”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The staff were charming at this restaurant and the food was decent (though pricey by US standards). The staff were wonderful and treated us to small glasses of prosecco was a welcome drink which was a lovely way to start the evening We got a shrimp appetizer that was very good though challenging to eat (be warned, the shrimp are not prepped the way they are in the USA. Expect the head, all the legs etc. to still be present.) My husband had a spicy shrimp dish which was very good - they sauce was fantastic and actually really spicy. I got the black and white pasta with fish and lemon. The dish needed more flavor in my opinion. If I were the chef I would add more lemon flavor (lemon zest) and a bunch of pepper but that could just be me... The dessert was the best part. We got the panna cotta with a dark caramel sauce and it was divine!!! The caramel sauce was probably the best I have ever had (dark and full bodied) and the panna cotta was silky smooth. I almost licked the plate. After dinner the owner? treated us to small chilled glasses of limoncello which was a very nice gesture. Overall I would recommend this restaurant for the wonderful staff and the great dessert.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank mconerly
Boston, Massachusetts
“Very good food with friendly service.”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We ate at this restaurant twice while in Positano and had great meals both times. We highly recommend it.

• Visited March 2014