“the most romantic place i've ever been...”

Ristorante La Sponda
Ranked #5 of 89 Restaurants in Positano
Price range: US$85 - US$170
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Charming restaurant in the heart of Le Sirenuse Hotel. The restaurant is entirely lit by 450 candles. The cuisine is contemporary Italian, using only the freshest local ingredients. The view is breathtaking as is the impeccable service.
Reviewed 1 August 2014

this is my absolute favourite restaurant in the world and i am a MASSIVE foodie and an endless wanderluster = this is a big call! it is possibly the most romantic place you could ever be in with incredible views of positano over the water as you dine. beautiful settings with floral arrangements and a pool with live music, impeccable service and delicious food. the experience was absolutely perfect and entirely proposal worthy - perfect for any romantic occasion. would recommend to anyone travelling through positano!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Let's get one thing out of the way. If your not prepared to spend at least 300 euro on dinner then I suggest to go somewhere else.

I booked this restaurant to celebrate our engagement. I'm not normally a fancy restaurant person, nor do I ever consider spending this amount on a dinner, but I made an exception this 1 time.

Well, the restaurant was beautiful, very cosy and nicely set out. Immaculate views of Positano and the coast.

The service is fantastic, they really do make you feel like royalty.

The food was divine, now I know why they say you get what you pay for. Nice music and candles everywhere.

The only down side is the price. No matter how good a restaurant is, it should never cost this much, 13 euro for a beer is a joke, however, we enjoyed our time and will always remember our special night.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I've been fortunate enough to have eaten in many fine dining restaraunts around the world. La Sponda is my favourite. It wins hands down by getting 10/10 for food, service, views & ambience.

My wife & I had two dinners there in July, and both were sublime. The white jacketed waiters, the 400 candles, & not forgetting the wonderful serenading duo (which I knew their names) make La Sponda an occasion you'll never forget. La Sponda's Michelin starred the food is quite simply divine. You can't pick a bad dish here.

Vincenzo is the maître d, and he runs an exacting ship, demanding (and achieving) the best from his team, night after night.

For a special occasion, or just because you want to spoil your partner, La Sponda will not disappoint. For my money, it's best fine dining restaurant in the world, not just Positano.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We were guests at Le Sirenuse, where the restaurant is located, and decided we couldn't miss the opportunity to try it. I'd never been to a Michelin starred restaurant before and didn't really know what to expect. Everything was perfect. The waiters were extremely attentive and the food was delicious. Perfect for romantic dinners and special occasions.

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Everything was perfect. The table was ready for us at the right time. The place, the service... The food.. Perfect night...