Palazzo Marzoli Resort
Hotel Posa Posa(Positano)
Casa Maresca(Positano)
Vittoria(Positano)
  • Free Internet
All reviewsthe busamalfi coastother hotelsbeautiful viewfree shuttleour honeymoonyogurtincluded breakfasteach morningthe hotel offersbooked this hotelclose to the hotelbeach areamain beachjacuzzitownbalcony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 July 2011

The hotel is clean and the room we stayed in was nice and spacious. They give you breakfast delivered to your room everyday - which of course is good - but the breakfasts are disappointing considering it is an expensive hotel and it is Italy! The breakfasts consists of coffee/tea, juice and croissants.
Our room was a bit noisy at times because the hotel is on a main road. But this can also be a positive because it was very close to the Positano and SITA bus stops - so it is easy to travel to other towns on the Amalfi coast.
The views are amazing from the hotel but be warned that it is quite a trek down to the town centre if you want to walk, but the hotel provides a free shuttle at certain times throughout the day (but it only runs when people need to be taken). But if you ask to be picked up at a certain time in the evening when you leave the hotel in the morning, they ask you to phone up to remind them just incase they forget! We found this a little bit strange.
One very annoying thing about Positano is that it seems like everything is aimed at extracting as much money out of the tourists as possible, and I am affraid to say that this hotel is no different. There seems to be extra rip off charges for every little thing which is annoying as the rates are already very high. I wouldn't single out this hotel for doing this because we spoke to tourists at other hotels that said the same thing - but something to bear in mind.
The service on the whole was ok, although we found that a few of our request got forgotten about.
There is a jacuzzi on the main balcony, but we didn't go in because it wasn't very warm - and jacuzzis take a while to heat up. So overall, it seems a bit pointless.
Overall, a nice stay but with a few negative experiences.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank petejg_uk6
Reviewed 11 July 2011

We spent three nights at this lovely hotel (July 2011)- very clean, wonderful staff, beautiful views. The main area of Positano is about a 15 minute walk downhill. It's a terrific walk, along the way you will encounter lots of interesting shops and restaurants, with spectucular views of the sea, flowers everywhere, vines, and lemon trees. Coming back up to the hotel, you can take the bus (1.20 euro per person) a very easy busride, bus comes by every fifteen minutes - not sure what time the last bus comes, we were there with our two children, so if you plan to stay out till 2 or 3 am, you may have to take a cab back to the hotel. The entire staff was very kind and helpful, especially Daniela, offering advice on restaurants, making reservations for us, tips on where to shop, best ways to get to Capri, etc..The room was very clean, and the bathroom was large and comfortable. Very large balcony with perfect views. Only drawback (very minor) is that the hotel does not have wifi - it offers internet by cable for 10 euros a day. So if you want to sit on the balcony and catch up on your email, you can't - since the cable wire is not that long. But, the last thing you'll feel like doing while in Positano, is logging on to your laptop. It's too beautiful! I really hope to go back, Positano is one of the most beautiful places in the world.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2011

I was ecstatic to get a room at the Palazzo Marzoli for a surprise trip for my husband's birthday (we live in nearby Naples) for just 110 euro per night in mid-April. I paid 20 euro more per night for the Villa Franca in March, when practically nothing in Positano is open, so I thought the Palazzo Marzoli was a steal.

The room was immaculate, romantic and modern. All blue and white, all peaceful. Our balcony with a sea view was beautiful. It was my husband's first time to Positano so he was awestruck.

We had massages in our room which were OK, I wouldn't necessarily recommend them as they're not deep tissue (more like a light rubdown) and you can't get a couples massage, you have to take turns. But having the option was nice, even if next time I might just wander down to a spa at another hotel.

If I have a choice I prefer to be slightly further in toward the center of town so I can see the town juxtaposed against the sea -- that's really what Positano is all about -- but the view from our Palazzo Marzoli balcony was still a winner. From Palazzo Marzoli you get an expansive, beautiful view of the sea, but not much of the town. Still, it's just steps away from the bus stop by Chiesa Nuova and the stairways to the beach, as well as my favorite restaurant in town (C'era Una Volta) so I couldn't have been happier. I'll go back here if I find a favorable rate again. I think anyone who knocks this hotel probably hasn't had much experience at Italian hotels, as this one is pretty good.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mkabuku
Reviewed 20 June 2011

This boutique hotel was excellent. The room was immaculate with all the right amenities. And the view was spectacular! The staff was also super and always there to help in any way.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2011

The hotel has very clean and updated rooms. The staff are helpful, friendly and speak some english. It is located on the local and inter village bus routes, on the upper level of the town of Positano. The room we occupied had a balcony with magnificent views of the Amalfi coast. It is conveniently located for trips to Amalfi, Nocelle, Capri and Sorrento and has bars and restaurants within easy walking distance. Breakfast is delivered each morning to the room and can be taken on the balcony

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple