Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews beautiful view large room terrace stairs ferry
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Fantastic views!
Rooms were large and spacious.
Wifi works fine but is EXTREMELY expensive for one device only.
Service was okay. Not bad but nothing special.
The breakfast was okay. My girlfriend enjoyed the smiley face on the Cafe each morning.

What bugged me the most was that we asked for a recommendation for dinner and they sent us on their bus (for a cost) to this place called Cafe Positano where the food was terrible. I've has better italian food in Canada.

We also had a cooking lesson in Positano and i called the reception a couple hours before hand to ask for a taxi to our destination and they said no problem. 15 mins before leaving i called again and said we'll be down shortly and they said no problem. We get downstairs and there's no cab. They then escort us in their own van (for their own profit) and we arrive late to our cooking class. We stayed in other hotels where this simple request was no problem.

Overall not the worst stay but i wouldn't recommend to friends or family.

I'm also seeing the management responses to reviews and its quite appauling that ownership sounds so bitter and angry.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank travelbugged62
Russo10, Direttore generale at Palazzo Marzoli Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Dear customer,

Thank you very much for your review.

For the restaurant we usually suggest "Caffè Positano" because it is a really good restaurant in Positano, nobody has ever complained, this is the first time (it can happen in every restaurant that sometimes does not like it).

Our Shuttle Service is free at certain times, overtime requests are charged as stated.

In most times on Trip Advisor writes false comments or unreal things this is the reason why some responses are rude, must first see both faces of the medal.

We hope to have you here again with us soon.

Yours Sincerely.

Luxury Exclusive Rooms & Suites

Reviewed 18 May 2017

If I could give no stars I would even though I did not get to stay here. I booked my reservation on April 17th with hotels.com, received my confirmation and my credit card was charged in full. I was scheduled to stay May 27th - May 29th. Yesterday, May 17th (one month after booking and a week before my stay) I receive an email stating they can not accommodate me both nights and I can stay one or reschedule. I am travelling from another country and booked a month ago and one week before they simply send an email? Unheard of. In all my travels and bookings NEVER has something like this happened!
I called the hotel as soon as I received the email to be told to please communicate via email. Hotels.com then called and "nothing could be done". Absolutely astonishing unprofessional behavior.
I had emailed the hotel earlier in the day to request an early check-in if possible. I think that is the only way that I then received that email later. Had I not sent a request would i even have received a notification; perhaps I would have shown up and been stranded. Just AWFUL!!!!

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank gene11220

Dear customer,

Although you didn't stay at our hotel we would like to clarify some points.

The credit card that you provided for the reservation was invalid, we requested several times to you to provide another valid card but we have not received any response, then we were forced to cancel the reservation.

We hope to have you here as our guest in the future.

Yours sincerely.

Luxury Exclusive Rooms & Suites

Reviewed 11 May 2017

My wife & I stayed recently for 5 nights, thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this property. The room was clean, good-sized, nicely finished. Full bathroom with bidet was great, also a blow dryer. Mini bar in room, stocked. We were on 3rd floor, w/high, arched ceilings. We LOVED sitting on the Balcony, overlooking beautiful Positano. Note: In case it matters to you, the view is of the part of town above Fornillo Beach & doesn't look down on the main shopping/city center. The hotel is located near the top of Positano which gives great views down, but also means there's a bit of a hike involved, to get to the city center below. If you have difficulty climbing stairs, you should consider staying closer to the main beach, below, if you intend to walk around much, as automobile transportation is not freely available. The major bus stop at International Bar is very close to the hotel. There are great restaurants and shopping areas and we LOVED walking all over the town, along the stairways - basically through residents’ front yards. It’s a 20-30 minute walk to the main beach. The Hotel offers a shuttle in summer months & it wasn't available for our needs on our visit - though they were kind enough to give us rides a couple of times. The hotel isn’t large, maybe 10 rooms, so the staff is small. The staff is professional & work hard to be very helpful. We loved the continental breakfast delivered timely to our room each morning by two friendly, perky ladies. The staff was always very helpful and welcoming upon our return to the room, and moving in/out.

We speak very little Italian & only Danielle speaks much English, so it was sometimes not easy to communicate – though the Staff always tried to help. We didn’t receive our luggage for 4 days (boo on American Airlines and British Airways) & one evening very late, we needed to find details about delivery. Staff on hand (Augustino and the elderly lady) had difficulty answering our questions. They tried to first help without calling Danielle, who is there from early ‘til late, but once it became clear that we were at an impasse, the lady had Augustino call her at home – at which point she was very helpful, with a good attitude– though I know it was a pain to her after already putting in a long day. Danielle is a wonderful hostess & always gave good advice and helped us. She helped secure a car for a drive to Pompeii and return pick-up. It was the hotel’s van, driven by Bragnov?, whom we somehow thought was named Mike. He spoke little or no English, but was good and helpful on the Pompeii trip. It was for a fee, of course, but was comparable to other drive services on town, with the added benefit that they knew where they left us, in case we didn’t make it back. Danielle was also helpful and flexible in offering the option of a drive to Meta, where we could catch the train to Pompeii, at ½ the fee. We took that option on the way back and it was great. We should have done it on the way to Pompeii, because it cut out all of the waiting in traffic in Pompeii – which can get bad.

I’ve seen some reviews being critical of the “rude old lady”. She’s not rude, just doesn’t speak English. She tried very hard to be helpful with our luggage situation & called Danielle for us when it became clear that we were having difficulty communicating and needed answers. She was nice and interested in making sure we had what we needed. Augustino was new & learning, but also very helpful and very friendly. He spoke little English, though we ended up communicating, eventually. I’d recommend using an iPhone app translator, which we finally used, making things easier. That said, we’re in their country & intend to improve what little Italian we know, for the next time. It’s obviously important to respect the people & use their language whenever possible, and we realize it is on us.

Room tip: Stay in a sea view room, you will NOT regret it.
Date of stay: May 2017
3  Thank 360darrellr
Reviewed 6 January 2017

Stayed at this hotel in October, the room was great and always clean, amazing view on the balcony. Superbe tiles in the bathroom. Breakfast in bed was simple but perfect. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Highly recommend it!

Date of stay: October 2016
2  Thank kimlD7458IB
Reviewed 11 October 2016

No one spoke English which is not acceptable for a supposed 4 star hotel. They argued with our driver who told us later this overbooking happened frequently with this hotel. They said the emailed us but the email was not to us and it was only the previous week. The town was booked out for the night and we had to go back to Ravello to our previous accommodation. If the driver had not found us other accommodation we would have been toast, and destroyed the rest of the trip. It is not worth it and the hotel looked dirty in reception so we were pleased to find the replacement hotel beautiful and in a much better position.

Date of stay: September 2016
17  Thank JRroaming
PalazzoMarzoliresort, Direttore generale at Palazzo Marzoli Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2016

Dear Customer,

We would like to clarify some points clearly false:

You have made a reservation by providing an invalid credit card, we have communicated to you by email a long time before and several times of having to provide a valid credit card to guarantee the reservation, NOT 'HAVE RECEIVED NO RESPONSE FROM YOU and for this reason it was not possible hold your reservation.

When you showed up at the hotel we explained you the situation but you did not pretend to understand.

To our hotel nobody speaks English? It 'clearly false as you can see from this response.
The hotel looked dirty? ahaha is absolutely not true, we have the highest score for cleaning.
It is not fair to leave a negative review for a YOUR FAULT, next time you must provide valid credit card.

You never have to set foot in our hotel you are not able to leave a review for your mistake. We will contact the police post for this defamation.