“Paradise”
Review of Le Sirenuse Hotel

Le Sirenuse Hotel
Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Positano
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed for three nights and this hotel is truly luxurious and very romantic. The room we had was absolutely beautiful and the bed was incredibly comfortable. We had dinner there on our last night at sunset and it was superb. They even had guitar players who came to our table to serenade us which was a really nice touch. I should mention that the breakfast every morning was also very good. Drinking my morning coffee and staring out at that beautiful view of Positano was a lovely experience. My only complaint was that I found the people at the front desk a bit too arrogant for my taste, otherwise this hotel is a winner.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SuzyNYCglobetrotter

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Everyone should experience a sunset dinner at least once at Le Sirenuse. The food is impeccable, service is consummate and wine is exquisite. Yes, it is expensive but the splurge is well worth it. Indulge yourself and let romance take over.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Golfgal60
Reviewed 21 February 2014

As we were having a tour by boat amount the Amalie coast we had decided to book Il riccIo on Capri. After confirming the booking etc just before we arrived in Italy they cancelled by email as they had decided to take a private hire. So this was a last minute booking and how lucky were we. By far the best meal we had whilst staying on the Amalfi Coast. The restaurant was empty for a lunchtime and we had an amazing view straight out across the sea and Positano.

Food was perfectly cooked a fruits de mer (a version of which i had at San Pietro only two days previous) was far superior, extra dishes were added for us to try, we met the head chef, we were given food to take home all in all our quick lunch was around 3 hours long and just spectacular. Definitely in my top 5 of restaurants around the world.

Based on what I saw and experienced I would definitely look at booking the hotel for my next stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank clawit
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Le Sirenuse Hotel is in the heart of the city and couldn't be more peaceful. This was our second stay and as it was the first Perfection. The public rooms are magnificent and the bedrooms are sheer luxury. A must do is dine in La Sponda Reasaurant in the hotel. I have never seen anything like it. Hundreds of candles to dine under. It is a must do.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Bean L
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I knew I was picking a luxury hotel for our stay in Positano but what I didn't know is just how fabulous our stay would be. Truly a magnificent Hotel with so much charm and luxury.
I first must say a few words about the hotel staff, They are amazing. The Charming Giuseppe greeting us every morning at breakfast with his smiling face and knowing exactly when to ask my husband "Ready for another cappuccino Mr. Phillips?" all the hotel staff were excellent. I was celebrating my 50th birthday and they were very kind sending champagne and cake to our room. actually everyday there would be a delightful treat left in our room - Chocolate dipped strawberry's...
On the night of my birthday we dined at La Sponda Restaurant in the hotel. Wow! from the moment you walk in the room with all the lit candles to the waiters in white jackets. really beautiful evening. we had the tasting menu paired with the wines. Really a fabulous dinner.

We took full advantage of all the complimentary boat rides. Going swimming in the ocean was amazing. also did the complementary boat ride to Nerrano Bay for Lunch. this was an amazing day - truly! We had lunch at La Conca Del Sogno. one of the best meals we had in Italy and you cant get a more picturesque setting. you can only get to the restaurant by boat.

I must also mention the hotel room amenities. They have there own line of soaps, shampoo, conditioner and perfumes. The signature scent is sublime. I am so hooked that now I am ordering some from NYC and having it shipped to Los Angeles. If ever a time to take the soap and body products from a hotel - this would be it!!!!! lol.

Positano is my favorite town in the Amalfi Coast and Le Sirenuse makes it just that more special of a place. It is truly a fabulous experience to stay there. I close my eyes and I am sitting at the champagne and oyster bar sipping on prosecco enjoying some oysters. I take a deep breath and i am there smelling the ocean air, the lemon trees. oh and those views!
I can not wait to return!
Grazie Tanti !

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
15  Thank cynthia p
Reviewed 22 December 2013

When you step off the busy streets of Positano into Le Sirenuse, its like entering a peaceful sanctuary. Calm, quiet, and soothing… It is the atmosphere of a family home. You feel comfortable and welcome immediately.

Upon my arrival at Le Sirenuse I was greeted by Giovanni Ciccone, the Operations Manager of the hotel. Mr. Ciccone took me on an extensive tour of the hotel. The Le Sirenuse is the premier five star luxury hotel in Positano, with fifty-eight rooms, suites, and junior suites. And I was able to see many of the unique rooms.

Almost all the rooms have a terrace or balcony overlooking the Bay of Positano. The rooms are contemporary with all the features you would expect in a modern luxury hotel. Yet the hotel contains beautiful antique furniture, handmade Vietri floor tiles, and soaring vaulted ceilings. The bathrooms are sophisticatedly simple, using marble Jacuzzi bathrooms with separate showers and baths and ignature Eau d’Italia body care products.

Le Sirenuse is open seasonally, generally from late March or Early April, until late October each year. When I was visiting the hotel, it was sold out for the next thee weeks, so this is a hotel to book well in advance. There are about 58 rooms in the hotel - this number seems to change every year as they combine rooms and thus, the number of rooms decreases. Every room I visited was immaculate, with details and signature features you would expect in a 5-star hotel.

Attention to detail is impressive - even in the elevator, the "day of the week" was printed on the floor mat... It would be easy to lose track of time in these impressive surroundings. Le Sirenuse has an incredible pool, an Aveda beauty center and spa, and a romantic Champagne Bar. You can dine at the La Sponda restaurant, with gorgeous sea-views.... and hundreds of lit candle - what a romantic dining destination! Also, enjoy a complimentary ride in the hotel’s wooden boat and experience the breathtaking Amalfi coastline from the water.

The breakfast buffet was incredible and service was over-the-top. Or time there was a pleasure, with polite, reserved, yet very attentive service. If you want to stay at an oasis in the center of Positano, choose Le Sirenuse!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
7  Thank RPT1887
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Le Sirenuse is a gorgeous property with picture postcard views, oodles of charm, great food and outstanding service. My husband and I stayed in a deluxe sea view room for two nights. The excellent service began before we arrived, with prompt email replies from the hotel and a smooth pickup at the airport by car service arranged through the hotel. The amazing service continued after we left the hotel to stay at the San Pietro, on the outskirts of Positano. I realized at 10 p.m. that evening that I had forgotten an expensive white nightgown in the bed and worried that it had gotten washed with the sheets. Not only had the cleaning staff found it and given it in to reception, but I had a lovely chat with a very kind woman at reception - I wish I knew her name. She assured me she had it and would hand deliver it to me within half an hour. And she did! With a smile. And she would not accept a tip for her trouble. Le Sirenuse is a very special place that is worthy of every accolade it gets. We can't wait to return and if you ever get the chance, you should go!

Room Tip: The sea view rooms are spectacular.