“Most favorite hotel”

Ranked #5 of 39 Hotels in Positano
Houston, Texas
“Most favorite hotel”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

A fabulous hotel. The hotel is a small leading hotel of the world. Beautiful rooms, views, dining experience make this a magical place. Spend the day looking at the ocean, playing cards, having lunch, drinks, a dip in the pool and a stroll through the charming town of Positano. Hire a driver to take you to Ravello for a few hours, you will love the Amalfi experience.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Miami
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My sister and I took a 10-day trip to trace our Italian heritage through Sicily but we couldn't miss the opportunity to also see the Amalfi Coast. I surprised my sister and selected this hotel for the last 2 nights of our trip. We couldn't have enjoyed it more! We didn't even want to leave the room to sightsee. Everything was amazing from the wonderfully appointed room to the views to the hotel's signature scent that we still buy via the internet today to take us back to this wonderful experience. Glad we went basic/tourist class on some of our other hotels so we could splurge on this one! A perfect ending to our wonderful sister trip.

Room Tip: Splurge for room with a view. You can look at it all day...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank traveltechPRgrl
Florida
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My daughter was married in Positano last week. During the walk from her hotel to the church on the beach we passed Le Sirenuse. They invited us in to take photos and were so very gracious an kind. All smiles and so accommodating. It is a magical place and it all seemed like a fairy tale and the photos taken there certainly add to that . Thank you, Le Sirenuse!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Kusnacht, Switzerland
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed with my family at Le Sirenuse for four nights in April. We had a wonderful time, and I am so sorry that I waited so long to experience the delights of the Amalfi coast.
We hired a driver to bring us in from Florence because we had heard that it was a bit tricky driving in; I can say that I don't think it was too bad. We were there over a holiday weekend, but I think we could have managed it without too many issues (having said that, our driver was absolutely amazing and did this drive with ease - my review of his company, Jack The Driver, is already up).
I knew it was a special place when I walked into the lobby and saw the tree growing up the ceiling, and then hotel manager Leonardo shook my hand and welcomed our family to this lovely hotel. We were able to have an upgrade so that our rooms were next to each other (thank you!), and the views were of course perfect.
On a practical note:
Beds were comfortable, pillows alright too;
Wifi was a bit spotty but not as bad as I had expected;
Bathrooms were fantastic - white marble and hot water and wonderful bath products that smelled like the sun and excellent towels;
The weather was a bit chilly, and I couldn't get the heating to go up so I must say we were cold most of the time, but I can imagine that this would not be an issue just a week or two later. We just wore bathrobes and sweaters.
I love where Le Sirenuse is situated - right in the center of Positano. If you want to walk out anywhere, you can, no problem. I thought noise would be an issue but it wasn't - I didn't hear a thing, ever.
The pool looked wonderful but I didn't get in because of the weather - just sat next to it and read my book.
The restaurant was outstanding, food excellent and service even better. It was pretty expensive but I didn't mind because the whole setting was so perfect - what you go to Italy for.
I didn't use the spa, but the fitness room was well equipped and clean and new.
The bar was nice, excellent aperol spritz and nice small things to eat as well if you aren't too hungry.
It was great, I loved it, and I would go back for sure.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank heavycat69
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel with it's beautiful view was out of a fairy tale. It was so beautiful, the staff were excellent and our room was gorgeous. The breakfast buffet was incredible and should not be missed. This place was a bit of a splurge for me but I am so glad we did it. I will never ever forget our stay there. Even the drive there from the train station in Naples was an experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

How fantastic it is to go back to a wonderful hotel and have another wonderful stay!
Superb!
The rooms, the view, the staff, the food ... The breakfast, the linens, the atmosphere! Fantastic!
What incredible attention to detail and quite simply what a fantastic hotel.
Thank you and we hope to be back next year ...

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robin R
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Le Sirenuse in Positano should be on everyone's list as one of the best hotels in the world. It is both glamorous and charming. We were upgraded to a full sea view double room, which took our breath away on entry. Furnished in marble and tiles with Amalfi Coast-style ceramics, the room and bathroom were pristine and stylish. The staff is intent on meeting your every wish -- and then some. Breakfast on the hotel's veranda was a wonderful way to start the day as well as end it with drinks in the same location. The breakfast buffet was outstanding in both depth and quality. The Michelin one-star rated restaurant in the hotel would be a two-star any place else in the world except that it is Italian, not French. Wonderful food with an emphasis on freshly caught seafood. Daily activities during our stay included a visit to the fish market with the restaurant's young and imaginative chef plus a nice wine tasting all at no charge. True, the hotel is very expensive, so don't go if you are on a tight budget. Le Sirenuse is a place we will treasure for ever. Don't miss it!

Room Tip: If you can get a room with a full sea view, go for it. The partial sea view rooms might leave you a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple