“Courtesy Humanity and Beatuty”

Positano Art Hotel Pasitea
Ranked #17 of 39 Hotels in Positano
London, United Kingdom
“Courtesy Humanity and Beatuty”
Reviewed 2 September 2014

I returned to Positano after 25 years for my 10 days trip.

Hotel Pasitea has a stunning view from the terraces - all rooms have one - that quietly face one of the most famous and discreet places on Earth.

While Pasitea is in the middle of the town - a location I did not know before - I could not hear any kind of noise. The narrow street facing the Hotel would not allow people to drive their cars or motorbikes with loud sprints. And life goes on in the middle of silence under starry nights and peaceful sea, dotted by boats gently rocking, not far from the shore.

I changed rooms once while there, and since I like to try new things, I can say that one was better than the other. The small room had a spacious bathroom, very comfortable when you come back after one day at the beach. The terrace is small as well, but the view is not less stunning.

When in the morning you wake up, there is a large, generous breakfast waiting for you in the hall. It can satisfy both continental breakfast lovers and English breakfast as well.

The owner of the Hotel is a generous, and attentive host. He contacted me as soon as I landed with my flight to give me instructions on how to reach Positano from Naples on public transports, and he followed me step by step - at a certain point I thought he had access to the satellite connecting to my mobile phone... :-)

The hall also has paintings - hence the definition of Art Hotel - by the owner's wife. She is a silent presence, and it is stunning to look at her working.

The staff was always attentive and very courteous. A lady, whom I later understood being in control of staff, saw that I was in a solo trip, and checked on me from time to time whether I was all right.

The guy who came to clean the room did a thorough job even though I was staying only for one night and left the room as I had not been there at all.

Do not be too distracted by the beautiful views. Ask about the little talk about the history of Positano.

There is great choice of places around the Hotel, just a few meters - or steps - away. However, I suggest you ask the owner. He has good conventions with other restaurants, and can advise you. Also, ask him about Masaniello, at Meta di Sorrento. The place is worth a trip: salami and dropping milk cheeses hanging from the ceiling. The owner knows Masaniello and can give you good tips on what to buy, and not to buy (mostly because fresh mozzarella is not worth buying, unless you eat it as soon as you open the door of your house).

Also, ask about the Path of Gods - Il sentiero degli Dei - a trekking path along the coast.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Simon T
PositanoArtPasitea, Direttore at Positano Art Hotel Pasitea, responded to this review, 6 October 2014
The Positano Art Hotel Pasitea has a particular fondness for art. So reading this review we thought that you are a writer. More than a review that seems like a short story. We thank you for having given us such a beautiful story

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dubai
Reviewed 1 September 2014

We were exhausted after travelling for two weeks around Italy and Positano was a very welcomed sanctuary at the end of our holiday. The Art Pasitea is a very beautiful hotel, located at the middle of Pisitano. Very friendly staff, clean rooms with amazing sea view. We rally enjoyed their breakfasts.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Valentina K
PositanoArtPasitea, Direttore at Positano Art Hotel Pasitea, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review. You were tired from a long trip and the Hotel Pasitea was the right refreshment to admire Positano. I really like that you use the word "Sanctuary" to define Positano ....
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed 28 August 2014

This is a belated post. We visited in late May. The room was nicely appointed with a Jacuzzi in the living space! Odd, maybe, but romantic. We had a lovely view of the sea. The staff was quite helpful, and the breakfast was more than adequate. The hotel is situated near the top so a walk down to the coast, although doable, its a haul back up. There is a very reasonable bus. Note that Positano is one-way in. You go down and out of town to get back in. Ferry's to Capri and Almalfi are available. We rented a car from Naples, but it may have been just as easy (depending on number of bags) to take the ferry from Naples to Capri and transfer to Positano. We will go back. One drawback, shower was small....

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mic S
Thank you. Better late than never. Thank you for your sincere and pleasant description of our quality. it is always nice to accommodate customers so careful and sensitive
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We have stayed 2 nights in Positano at Art Hotel Pasitea. Our room had a wonderful view although we were at 1st floor, I can not imagine the higher floors. It is about 10-15 minutes walking distance to the center and the main beach. It is right on the route of public bus so it is very easy to travel to and from the center by bus as well. The staff is very helpful especially Tony he suggested a very nice restaurant and we really liked there. Just if you do not want to take taxi because of high prices and because it is not very easy to walk up after a long day, you are dependent on the bus schedule which finishes at midnight, a hotel in the center might be more convenient in terms of logistics but I can say I have enjoyed every minute of our stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Thanks for the nice and honest review. I understand that our location can be a little difficult after midnight, but Positano is a village climbed the mountain. if you are close to the beach, the sea view is less suggestive
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Had a wonderful stay in this hotel! The staff was very friendly and courteous at the same time. They recommended restaurant. The room itself was fantastic beautiful view of positano. Lastly, the location was brilliant; Would definitely be back again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
PositanoArtPasitea, Direttore at Positano Art Hotel Pasitea, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for the beautiful words. I think yours is the review with more superlatives
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My husband and daughter arrived rather frazzled after a long drive along the coast. The staff were more than helpful in guiding us to the hotel and helping us with parking. Parking fee is charged but considering where you are staying (no accessible public parking) this is warranted. We were recommended places to eat and were shuttled to the places with a bit of walking. The restaurant recommendations were very nice. Pasitea Hotel is situated quite high but essential for the great view we had from our balcony. The room was very clean. Can't say enough about the helpfulness from the staff manning the reception.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the beautiful words. All good things are difficult to achieve. I must clarify, however, we are no longer Best Western, now we are Positano Art Hotel
Chatou, France
Reviewed 11 August 2014

If you like to climb stairs go visit Positano ! And stay at the Positea Art Hotel. On our discovery trip of the amalfitany coast, we stayed one night there. One of the best room we had in a week. Very comfortable. The staff is very nice and took care of our car ( parking is scarse there), gave us tips on what to do what to see... And how to use the "interno" bus which is a necessity in this town if you don't want to climb steps forever.
Cons : no swimming pool ... But a good bar and nice breakfast.

Room Tip: Room with terrace are a must for tanning without going to the beach