“Honeymoon Trip”

Ranked #15 of 38 Hotels in Positano
Sunnyside, New York
“Honeymoon Trip”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

My wife and I just went on our honeymoon to Italy and France and were fortunate to stay in Positano ad Covo Dei Saraceni. We loved everything about the hotel and the town of Positano. The staff were very friendly, even with our lack the Italian. The breakfast buffet was good in the morning, we had it included in our hotel package. The views from our balcony were amazing and the room was very nice and spacious. The only negative I would say was the pool was not heated. We went during the end of September and the pool was ice cold. I would highly recommend this hotel heat the pool because its a huge luxury for the guests. Also the Spa or sitting tub was not heated? This was very strange because you would have thought this would have been heated. This is very small detail but it's something the hotel should be made aware of and fix. We highly recommend staying here and visiting Positano!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony to enjoy the amazing views of the town and Almalfi Coast.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank NathanFigg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Turkish first
Toronto
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Stayed at this hotel a while ago and it is absolutely set in the heart of Positano one of my favorite places in the world!
Our room was a beautiful suite with a terrace over looking the town and very quiet. It had double French doors which opened up onto a balcony and we had total privacy. The room was very spacious and Italian decorated with beautiful ceramic tiles typical in the area of the Amalfi Coast. The ferry which we used often was literally just outside the front door. Nice café on ground level has amazing gelato. The restaurant in the evening is divine but extremely costly. I would highly recommend this hotel and cannot wait to stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank granddamme
Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

We had the good fortune to stay in a junior suite with a terrace in September 2013. The room was large, clean, and comfortable. The bathroom was large and had both a shower and tub. The terrace had an unforgettably beautiful view onto the water. It was perfect for drinks in the evenings before dinner. The public areas were well appointed, and the buffet breakfast was one of the nicer ones we've seen in Italy. All the staff we met we're charming and very helpful. We would gladly return for another stay in the future.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michael L
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed in Positano for 4 nights at the end of September. The hotel has wonderful views and an ideal position if you like being close to the beach and plan on taking a few ferries to other parts of the coast. The room was ok - ours was spacious, nicely decorated (typical to the area) and looked clean but... smelt unpleasant - I think due to the cleaning products used which was a little disappointing. The staff of the hotel were all wonderful and a special mention must go to the restaurant manager (Paolo) and staff. They really did treat us well and made us enjoy the hotel so much more. Thankyou.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Little_Miss_Fussp0t
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I was torn between rating this a 4 or 5 - I ended up landing on a 5 because the location is just perfect. We stayed in a room that overlooked the ocean and had the most amazing, jaw-dropping views. My husband and I spent many mornings and afternoons on the balcony just soaking up the beautiful sites of Positano to the left, the vibrant beach ahead, and the bright blue ocean. It was so relaxing. The location is also great for exploring Positano. My husband and I initially debated whether we should stay further up the cliffs for a more dramatic view, but I'm so glad we chose Covo dei Sarceni. It's very close to most of the shops and restaurants, which I can imagine would be more of a hike for those staying higher up. And most of the restaurants that are very high up will send a car down for you if you have reservations.
The service was fantastic, the bath products were lovely, and the room overall was perfect for us. And the rooftop pool is one of the best I've ever enjoyed - mainly because of the service, view, and cozy loungers.
The only negative experience we had was with a manager that overheard us asking the front desk for a knife to cut some local cheese we had just purchased. She came over and kindly but smugly reminded us that the hotel could provide any food we'd like and that outside food and drink was not 'allowed'. She was nice and of course let us go on our way, but I thought the comment was just silly. If I'm in Italy, I would like to experience local flair outside of the hotel - and if I want to do that on my balcony that shouldn't be an issue.
Other than that small nit, it was a fantastic stay and we would go back in a heartbeat. It is truly a beautiful hotel with a lot of charm and authenticity, which I think is part of the experience (i.e. the Positano-style tile-work in the bathrooms would be an odd choice elsewhere, but feels right here).
Head's up, if you stay on the top floor like we did, it's somewhat complicated to get there (one staircase, and two separate elevator rides) - but I'm sure this is due to the fact that the hotel is designed on the side of a cliff! And if you have issues with getting around, then Positano in general is probably not best for you considering all the stairs and steep walks. But it is truly worth it.

Room Tip: Top floor with private balcony/terrace facing the ocean is the way to go.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank GeorgiaPeach678
Ontario
Reviewed 24 October 2013

What an amazing trip to Positano. We went for our first anniversary and stayed for 7 nights. We have travelled to many places; I can honestly say I've never experienced anything quite like this.
The service was amazing. The concierge staff are always smiling and eager to help with whatever you need.
Room was large (a little dated) and very clean. All of the hotels in Positano are "dated"...which is what makes them charming. There are no "big box" hotels here and I don't think there should be. This hotel is old world charm at its best and I loved it.
The turn down service with fresh linens twice daily was much appreciated. The walls are paper thin, and you can hear EVERYTHING happening above and below so if you're a light sleeper, beware of that. It sounded like people were moving furniture above our room every morning.
The bathroom is quite dated (looks like my grandmothers haha) and the shower was teeny tiny (typical euro shower). It was impossible to shower without causing a small flood in the bathroom, but that's the only "complaint" I have about the whole experience. I feel bad even mentioning this and please do not let that stop you from enjoying this wonderful hotel.
The continental breakfast was nice with lots of options and the staff were very nice. It's a beautiful view to wake up to each morning.
The pool deck was great, although the pool was freezing cold (only 70 degrees)...but after laying in 34degree heat it was quite refreshing once you got in!!
We had a room with a terrace and it was well worth the upgrade. The view was outstanding. We bought our own wine at the store and often enjoyed the beautiful sunsets on our terrace. I also suggest purchasing some bottled water as they don't recommend you drink from the taps if you're from North America and they charge an insane amount for the bottled water in the mini bar.
The restaurant was OUTSTANDING (will do a separate review) and I highly recommend eating there at least once. (also check out Donna Rosa's--so yum!)
We did day trips to Capri, Sorrento, Amalfi and stayed in Rome for a night but Positano was by far the best place to stay! The location of this hotel is perfect as its right near the beach and pier to catch the ferries.
Tip for the ladies: Do not even bother packing heels. I did and it was just a waste of luggage space. The streets are super steep (traffic doesn't even come down past a certain point) and all cobblestone. I saw several ladies almost break an ankle. Pack some nice flats or low wedges. ;)
I would absolutely come back to this hotel and will be recommending it to friends.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank paedsrn
Australia
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

This is the end of our wonderful trip .. We truly enjoyed this place the service was fabulous ,room service was great they turn down our bed and fresh linen twice daily !!! Nice ...
Breakfast was very fulfilling the selection was very good and fresh .. I enjoy my yogurt and them fresh creamy ricotta and fresh cherry tomatoes and fresh basil yummy ... as for cost we thought it was well priced for our stay and needs .. Don't know what everyone else is talking about the cost on your credit card for the safe usage ...? We didn't .
And we did to calls to home (Australia) cheap $9AUD

We can not fault this place at all ,highly recommend it for all ages with or with out children ...
Ciao Maria é Ange