“4 days in Positano”

Ranked #15 of 39 Hotels in Positano
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“4 days in Positano”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My wife and I spent 4 idyllic days here. It is difficult to fault this wonderful hotel. The staff were a joy, the location is perfect and our room was exquisite. Positano is a wonderful place but it best enjoyed from the waters edge where you can hear the sea lapping, whilst enjoying the wonderful views of the town and the ever changing sea scape.

Room Tip: 35 - must be the best private hotel balcony in the Amalfi
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NeilAberdeen123

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Positano is boring. I would rather be in Hawaii. There is absolutely nothing to do here. Once you take in the scenery, you're done. Been in this hotel 24 hours. Very pretty but the room is crawling with ants and the bathroom hair dryer doesn't work. And this is only the first day. I'm bored out of my mind. Already.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ginmato
Benton, Arkansas
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Our experience at the Covo Dei Saraceni was unbelievable. The staff was friendly and bent over backwards to make our stay memorable. Our room #53 was large with a balcony and had a fantastic view of the Mediterranean Sea, the beach and the dock were the ferry's loaded and unload passenger during the day ( which I really enjoyed seeing the boats coming in and departing). The Covo De Saraceni has two restaurants, a full service 5 star dining experience which was fantastic and a casual dinning experience down stairs at street level. Both staff were dedicated to providing the best service available. The breakfast buffet was excellent with a wide range of selections that will keep everyone happy, and again the staff here was fantastic also.
We will definitely go back to the Covo Dei Saraceni.

Room Tip: I would be hard to beat room #53.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank billhopejr
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This place is absolutely amazing !! The spectacular view from your room, incredible pool area, delicious buffet breakfast and lovely friendly staff. I would highly recommend a stay here, it was the highlight of our European trip .

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lovelyborabora
florida
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

If you're trying to decide between a day trip to the beautiful seaside town of Positano or spend a couple of nights there. The answer is easy "yes" ... Spend two or even better, three or four nights in this wonderful, top rate hotel. The service is #1. And I recommend a suite with a balcony. We arrived very late at night and the walk from the taxi garage seemed a bit much. But in the daylight it actually wasn't so bad. The staff waited for us and greeted us with smiles. The breakfast buffet was fresh and delicious and the views are priceless. You can look at a hundred pictures of this amazing place but you'll never know what piece of heaven it really is until you're actually there.

Bring only a small carry on if possible, you won't be thrilled dragging a lot of luggage there. The 5 minute walk on the rocky path is well worth it.

Stayed April 2014
5 Thank familymomtravel
Copenhagen
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is perfectly located right at the beach level, with a gorgeous pool right above the lobby. We were given two adjoining rooms and both were top-notch. The breakfast buffet was extensive. All of the staff were super friendly and went out of their way to make sure our kids (ages 4 and 1) were happy. If possible, I would recommend arriving by boat because the hotel is right next to the ferry dock and the roads in Positano don't go down to the beach.

Stayed April 2014
4 Thank DiplomatTraveller
New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I loved Positano and the Amalfi Coast, in general. But, I preferred the areas that had less tourists. Unfortunately, all the major hotels are in a very touristy area, including this one. When I travel, I prefer to meet locals, eat with locals, talk to them and really learn about the culture. Despite the area, I enjoyed my stay at this hotel because I thought the staff were so friendly, it felt as if I were staying with an italian family. I also thought the service was great. They immediately changed our room when we suspected a problem with the AC, and they actually upgraded us too! Also, they were very helpful with planning our days and gave great suggestions throughout the trip. A special thanks to bartender Rosario who entertained my husband and I while we sampled the local limoncello - he was fun and really was the icing on the cake.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple