“Our Favorite Hotel on a 2-Week Honeymoon!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Eden Roc

Hotel Eden Roc
Ranked #6 of 39 Hotels in Positano
Kitty Hawk, North Carolina
“Our Favorite Hotel on a 2-Week Honeymoon!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

I cannot say enough about Eden Roc. The staff was simply the best! We stayed in Positano on our 2-week European honeymoon and it was our favorite spot. The view, food, and people were all amazing. Everyone at Eden Roc went above & beyond to make sure we were happy. We paid a lot more for a hotel in Venice and it didn't compare to Eden Roc. We will dream about coming back one day.... Thank you to everyone at Eden Roc!

1 Thank CSGOBX

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

My husband and I wrapped up our honeymoon trip with a few days in Positano. Of course the town is breathtaking, but our stay at Hotel Eden Roc was fantastic. They were so accommodating with every request we had and really made our stay truly enjoyable. You could tell that they take a lot of pride in making sure their guests have a wonderful stay. Our room was beautiful with a balcony overlooking the water. It was so nice to sit on the balcony watching the sunset sipping a glass of wine. We will definitely be back someday!

1 Thank ngchgtraveler
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

We chose to stay at this hotel for two reasons:

1. They had a suite with plenty of room for a family of 5! Not too many hotels will allow 5 in one room thus requiring us to book 2 rooms at a much higher cost.

2. Reccomendation from a friend who frequents Positano.

I read some bad reviews and good reviews for which I relate to my review. We had a great time here even though we only stayed one night. The location is great, a very quick walk down to the main town, and I do mean down! Our GPS told us it was about 1/4 mile away from where it really was, but isn't such a big deal. The staff were quick to notice we arrived on the street, and came out to help us with luggage and move my car into the garage since I had reserved parking ahead of time for extra cost. Check-in was easy and they took us and our luggage up to our room quickly and gave us recommendations for dinner. Our room was HUGE and clean! I think we were on the top floor and had a beautiful view of the ocean from our terrace. Breakfast was included in our rate, and was typical for Italy, danishes, pastries, toast, OJ, and coffee. Checkout was simple, and they had our car ready for us in the garage while they retrieved our luggage from our room and loaded it into our car. Overall, our stay was wonderful! But let me tell you, the negative reviews about the street are understandable. Positano is in a cliff. As you drive down the cliff on a narrow road, there is only one place for the hotel to be on. I'm not sure where you would expect the hotel to be in relation to the road. During the summer, I can imagine how busy the street could be, as well as how busy the hotel would be. We stayed in November and the city was quiet as were the roads. We used Positano as a place to stay while we took a day trip to Pompeii since it is not far away, less than 30 miles, but the drive is a little slow to be expected since your winding your way around mountains and cliffs. My family thought this was a great hotel and will stay here again if able to book that same room! (I will post pictures later)

Room Tip: Definitely ask for higher floor. Our room was their 2 bedroom suite, which included 2 full bathroom...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank cbletzacker
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Stayed at Eden Roc Hotel in Positano in November and have no hesitation in recommending it to others. This is a family-run hotel and Domenic, who built it, is a delightful host. The room was very well equipped and included a Jacuzzi bath. Our balcony offered stunning views of Positano and the Amalfi coastline. The full buffet breakfast included a wide variety from which to choose and was included in the room rate. Although we didn't dine at the hotel in the evening, the dining room looked to be first class.

The staff at the hotel were most courteous and eager to assist in any way they could. I can't imagine anyone giving this hotel a rating other than excellent and we look forward to our return visit next year.

Room Tip: I believe all of the rooms offer the same stunning views, but we booked a "superior double"...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

Hotel Eden Roc is a slice of heaven. We stayed in the Junior Suites and the unobstructed view from these rooms was spectacular. The rooms were spotless, spacious and well serviced. The bathroom was modern and luxurious. There were lovely touches such as the candy placed on your pillow each evening by the housemaids when they would revisit the room to tidy up and prepare the beds. The pool was a welcome relief for the children and adults after spending the day on the beach or exploring the town. We dined in the restaurant on the roof top and the food was excellent and the views awesome. The breakfast was more than plentiful, with lots of variety and traditional delicious homemade cakes and tortes. The staff make this Hotel. Luca, Gigi and Tony were exceptional and could not do enough for us. The reception staff were also professional and welcoming at all times. Whilst the walk up to the Hotel is ten minutes from the center / beach we enjoyed the opportunity to burn some calories.

Room Tip: We would recommend the Junior Suites.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Normally I don't take notes during and after a hotel stay, but I did on this occasion because I wanted the details to be fresh and accurate. Also, midway through the stay I changed my rating from 4 stars to 3.

First, I will cover some of the important good points about this hotel. You couldn't ask for a warmer, more friendly staff. Everyone is nice and welcoming. And the suite we had was spacious, the bathrooms were nicely updated. The view, though spectacular, was not as fantastic as the photos on their website. Their website has an unobstructed view of the many buildings scaling one of Positano's steep mountainsides. But not all views are unobstructed. Mine was obstructed by one of the Eden Roc's balconies that protrudes beyond all of the others (please see the attached photo). One of the reasons why I chose this place was to experience its breathtaking views only to have half of what I expected.

The service is excellent in some areas and woeful in others. The breakfast, for example, is nicely done. There are plenty of options for the hungry or the dieting. Best of all is this wild-eyed waiter named Tony. He will make you smile and, along the way, will provide you with excellent service.

Beyond Tony, the service goes down hill. For example, we went to breakfast and when we returned to shower we found our room was in the process of being cleaned. They do not have "Do Not Disturb" signs so we hoped this would not happen so early, but it did. We now had new towels and showered and then went out on the Footpath of the Gods. It is a fairly strenuous route that got us to sweat through our clothing. When we came back feeling grimy we saw how we had thrown our towels on the floor and called down for some extra towels. The person at the front desk said, "We've already given you fresh towels." I thought he meant the cleaning service came in again, so I asked my wife to check and the towels were still on the floor. So, I replied, "Yes, but we need some new towels." Amazingly he replied, "But we've already given you fresh towels." I then recounted our trip, the current state of the towels and he finally said, "But it's no problem. We'll send up more." You would never hear such stupidity from the lowest clerk working at a real luxury hotel like the Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton. BTW the towels, though large, are the thinnest, roughest towels I've ever experienced at a 4 star hotel. But the quality of the towels aren't the issue, the serve attitude is.

Twice my wife asked about the ferry to Capri at the front desk. She then asked again on Sunday. The front desk said they would call. They live in Positano, service countless guests who go to Capri, and did not realize that the ferry service from Positano was closed on Sundays. We walked down into the city and found this out for ourselves. Thankfully the father/owner of the property came to the rescue and said, "But if you go to the gas station (it was nearby) you can buy a bus ticket to Sorrento and they have numerous ferries to Capri." I think he is trying to pass on his service attentiveness to his employees but he has a way to go before that is achieved.

We ordered a pizza the last night of our stay after a long day in Sorrento and Capri. It came without a side plate to eat on. The only plate was the one beneath the pizza and there were two of us. Worse yet, the pizza was not even cut. So we performed this operation with a knife that, dare I say, worked less effectively than a pizza cutter. Is this a big point? No. Does it show how they stumble in their service to their guests. Yes.

Now here is a howler that we still cannot believe. The soap is smaller than what they give you at a Courtyard Marriot, It's about the size of what I remember receiving from a Motel 6 back in the day when I was a poorly paid Infantry Officer. We had three of these mini-bars of soap. One for her sink, one for mine and one for the shower. We stayed there 4 nights and they never once replaced this soap with a fresh bar. They were all slivers by the time we left. This sort of cheapness and inattention to small details is what makes this place a 3 star hotel with excellent and half-excellent views.

1 Thank tompayne888
Leland, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

This hotel provides unbelievable views of Positano from the balconies. Of course, this means that it is a bit of walk to the center of Positano, but it is worth it. The staff is wonderful...it is a family owned business by the Casola family. The breakfast service boasts a fantastic waiter named "Tony". He is unbelievably helpful. The rooms are very well appointed and extremely clean. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple