“Not to be confused with Zass the main restaurant.”

Il San Pietro di Positano
Ranked #37 of 89 Restaurants in Positano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Carlino's is the Il San Pietro's beach restaurant and is open 1300hrs until 1700hrs for residents only. It serves simple pasta and the freshest fish at a reasonable price and should not be confused with the main Michelin starred restaurant upstairs "Zass"
A light lunch is the order of the day here and the fresh pasta and salad combo's make for a perfect and tasty lunch break after a hard morning sunbathing on the beach terrace, or up by the pool. The relaxed setting and unhurried service is complimented with a reasonable and not overly priced menu and wine list. I recommend the very nice and local "Fiano di Avellino"
Zass the main restaurant and Michelin starred is another story and will follow....

There are newer reviews for Il San Pietro di Positano

Reviewed 20 August 2013

THE GOOD : views of the coast is stunning, attentive staff
THE BAD : food is surprisingly very bad. I ordered the carpaccio which came with one microscopic shrimp in the center and tasted like it could have been my 11 year olds science project, I had to use the overpriced champagne they forced on us to wash the gel like taste out of my mouth...then moved to...wow I honestly can't even remember, that's how forgettable the food was....we skipped dessert but got their complimentary petit desserts which was actually ok....I would write more but about what my husband ate but he is still pissed and doesn't want to talk about it.
THE UGLY : the price we paid 264 euros for really bad tasteless food
CONFUSING: atmosphere was overly pretentious and stuffy, but more so the patrons not the staff

Skip this place all together it's expensive for no reason at all......instead eat at ONDA VERDE located about 10-15 mins away in Praiano instead, dinner for two is around 80 euros ...you get the same views if not better and much better food with a much more romantic ambiance.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

What a beautiful night! It started with our journey downstairs to the restaurant, the setting of this restaurant is so picturesque and perfect for our last night in Positano on our honeymoon.
We started outside for a Bellini pre-dinner as the sun went down, and it was magical.

We were then seated at our table which was directly on the water. All tables seem to have this beautiful view, which is a plus.
Our waiters were so lovely, and everything was done perfectly. Welcoming you to the restaurant, service, drinks etc.The service was truly a stand out.
I felt like I was going back in time at this restaurant, the piano and guitar player was a lovely touch. Live music is always nice :)

But now to the food. Absolutely delicious. Yes it's expensive, but it's worth it.
The flavours and presentation were top notch and you will not go hungry (like most fine dining restaurants). I found portion sizes to be very generous. Loved the margherita pizza starter :) cute touch!
The lobster entree was my highlight meal.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

We went for lunch here and were a bit disappointed with the atmosphere.
The restaurant is probably better for evening than lunch.
very old fashion decor, seat very low and uncomfortable.
Food was ok but not exceptional and very pricy.
Wanted to do it to compare with my hotel in Positano, but don't lose your time to go there at lunch.

1  Thank JerseyLB
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Get there early and have a drink on the patio. Gorgeous and perfect for picture taking. Then expect the dinner of your dreams. The food and service are fantastic.