“Think Twice Before You Book”
Review of Hotel Miramare

Hotel Miramare
Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Positano
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Think Twice Before You Book”
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

While this is a very good hotel with spectacular views and a helpful, friendly staff, it does not offer a good value compared to many other choices in Positano. Thus, choosing this one depends on what you are looking for. If you want to be near the black sand beach and you will spend time in your room enjoying the terrace, this is the place for you. However, we were hiking all day every day with almost no time spent in the hotel. Breakfast was important to us, and while we were there, it was below average, with cold coffee in a carafe and a small selection of everything but fruit. From the front door it is a steep climb up stairways to the main street, or a steep descent to the waterfront area, making the location spectacular but inconvenient.
You have many options in this tourist town, most a lot less expensive than Miramare, so choose wisely.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank gailedie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Korean first
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My sister and I stayed at Miramare for 4 nights in October. It was great! No downside at all. We had a large room and large balcony, both well furnished. Nice bathroom with tub. Rosita and Nicole at the front desk both spoke English and were very, very helpful -- arranging cars with drivers, explaining tipping practices, etc. I agree with the reviewers who say they cannot imagine a better location (quite central, but quiet) or better view from the rooms. Also, nice breakfast included in room rates. I would definitely stay here again if I return to Positano.

Room Tip: As I understand it, all rooms have the same fantastic view East over the center of Positano, the bea...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I only had 1 night at Miramare in Positano but I easily could have stayed two weeks. The manager/proprietor was just lovely and helped us with whatever we needed (which surprisingly was a lot for just 2 days). She even called the hotel we were headed to in Capri to ask them to meet us as the ferry.

My room was adorable with a perfect balcony overlooking both the mountain and the bay. I am going to sleep dreaming about Positano and Miramare! I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong, they all have views.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 October 2013

My husband and I visited Positano for the first time in Sept. 2013 as our last stop on a week and a half trip to Italy. I heard wonderful things about Positano and knew we'd need a relaxing last stop after visiting the busier cities. I did a TON of research on hotels before deciding on Miramare. There are so many good options and honestly I had a very difficult time making a decision. The one thing I kept hearing was that the views are amazing and it's important to get a view from your room. What I loved about miramare is that every room has a view and you don't have to pay more to get it! We couldn't afford a good view at some of the more pricey hotels so I decided on this one. Let me say, we were not disappointed! This place has to have the best view in the city!! I could not believe how amazing the view was from our very large balcony! It was so nice sitting on the balcony in the morning and evening and just watching the sunset while drinking a glass of wine!! The hotel is positioned in the perfect spot, so the view is not obstructed by anything else (this is the case for several hotels).

Everyone mention Rosita and I wasn't sure what to expect and she was better than I even imagined! It was like being welcomed from an old friend! I felt so comfortable during our two night stay and she was so passionate about her hotel and making sure we enjoyed our stay. The breakfast was by far the best we had in Italy and they had fresh fruits, eggs, and lots of different breads/meats.

The room was small but nice overall. The balcony was actually bigger than the room! I liked that we had a refrig in the room.

The only negative is that the hotel doesn't have a pool. Since the beach is so pebbly, I would have liked to have a pool. we did meet a couple staying at Palazzo Murat (sister hotel) and got to spend time at their pool though.

overall great experience and highly recommend!!

P.S. you must take the FREE boat tour that the hotel offers! What a great deal for a really nice trip.

Room Tip: Every room has a great view. Ask for the big balcony!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jfrazie6
Interlaken, Switzerland
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Arrived to be welcomed by the lovely staff who never ceased to ensure that we were comfortable and enjoying our time since we arrived. Probably nicest and most genuine staff I have come across. They also recommended good restaurants and organized everything. The hotel itself is in a fantastic location and is only 5 mins to the beach. Would recommend this hotel to everyone. 12/10

• Stayed October 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My husband and I visited Positano in May and had the pleasure of staying at the hotel Miramare. There are many hotels in town that boast beautiful views but many of them look like they are in dire need of a facelift. Miramare is beautiful from the inside out and situated just high enough to be a (fairly) easy walk to the beach while still having beautiful views. Everything about this hotel was perfect. Rosita helped us book our room online and also helped us arrange a car to get us from Pompeii to Positano. When we arrived she greeted us like we were old friends and immediately arranged to have a yummy caprese salad brought to our room (even though the kitchen was closed). The room, while not fancy, was still very pretty and clean. And THOSE VIEWS!!!!! We could have just lived on the balcony sipping wine and taking it in for days. It was so peaceful and romantic. The breakfast that is included is simple but very good and the breakfast room offers the same beautiful views. If you are heading to Positano (the best place to stay in the Amalfi coast in my opinion) do not miss the Miramare!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Beverly, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 October 2013

After traveling forever ( it seemed) getting to Positano, we loved our stay at Miramare. I had been in touch with Rosita for several months prior to our stay and we were welcomed like family. She arranged our trips to Ravello and Pompei and recommended restaurants. I loved sitting on our terrace which we did for hours per day. Positano is a beautiful town and we adjusted to the steps fairly well (often walked up the road instead of all the steps). I would be happy to return to Miramare.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple