“If your legs can handle some stairs, this is the hotel.”
Review of Hotel Miramare

Hotel Miramare
Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Positano
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Let's start with the view (room 210, if you get the chance). Just laying on the balcony recliners was enough to fill an afternoon. We had the good fortune of being there for the full moon. Fantastic. We would often buy wine in town and the staff had no problem bringing us wine glasses with which to enjoy said wine. There are some steps to both the road above (some great restaurants up there) and the beach below (some great restaurants down there). First off... my wife and I wouldn't consider ourselves "fit". Desk jobs can make for expanded waistlines. We did not really struggle though. By the end of the trip, my wife's knees were bothering her a bit (known history of knee problems), but I felt like I could kick through a wall. I recommend the city of Positano not only for it's beauty, but for it's forced exercise. You'll be eating some fantastic food in Italy. It's a nice feeling to have appetizers and deserts with EVERY meal and actually lose weight. I feel like I could kick a hole in a wall with how strong my legs have become.

As for the hotel... gorgeous. The views from all the balconies are fantastic. The staff was always very friendly. Even the ones that did not speak very good English were very patient and helpful. Breakfast was very no thrills, but my wife and I found it more than satisfactory to utilize every morning. There were breads, deli slices, cheeses, fruits, yogurts, and bacon & eggs. Can't beat the breakfast view either. They will make you a nice cappuccino if you ask.

All the reviews I read speak about this "Rosita" who supposedly takes good care of the guests. The reviews are not mistaken. She's an absolute joy to talk with. Every suggestion was on the money. The private, more expensive trip to Capri? Worth it. She will ask you what you're looking for in a restaurant, suggest a range of options, and then call and confirm a reservation. My wife has Celiac and can't eat gluten. Rosita would always call and confirm that there were options. She had GF pizza, pasta, and even an ice cream cone while we were there. We never felt like we were imposing, we never felt like we were being driven towards a business partner, and we never had a bad suggestion. And that smile! I read a review that said they thought she was faking it. Give her the Oscar then, because she sells it in the most beautifully convincing way. Don't live life as a pessimist. Rosita's awesome. Everyone at the hotel is awesome, but chances are that she'll be the one you interact with the most.

If you can splurge, go with one of the special rooms. I got to watch the boats in the harbor while I showered. Yes, they might be able to see me too, but it's exciting to take such risks.

Room Tip: Room 210 is the best room I've ever stayed in anywhere. Big balcony and gorgeous shower window.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MangoPositive
miramarepositano, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Miramare, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

It was like a sunny day reading this letter. So warm and comforting. I am delighted that the view from Room 210 pleased you. You make it sound as though you were able to relax on your holiday and reclining on the terrace enjoying the beauty of the sapphire sea is a magical way to do so. We are always happy to provide glassware for a moonlight drink. It is fantastic that you were here for the full moon.

I really enjoyed your description of 'kicking a wall' after a day of going up and down our steps. What a great, positive attitude. I hope many people read your review...what a clever way of recommending Positano, "not only for it's Beauty, but for it's forced exercise." Appetizers to Dessert (and hopefully a Limoncello) for every meal and strong legs too.

Thank you for the kind words in reference to our Staff. Indeed, we all do strive to make a special Holiday experience for all. It is our pleasure. Thank you also for enjoying Breakfast with us. We think it's a very pretty room.

Thank you for your generous nature in describing what I do here at the hotel Miramare. I sincerely enjoy doing whatever it takes to make our clients enjoy staying with us. It is such a privilege to have a job which allows me to make people Happy. I was thrilled to be able to find gluten free food for your wife. I guess pleasing people is what pleases me most. So I thank you both as well. It is so wonderful that everyone on our Staff met your expectations. We are a Team and we are here for our Clients.

We look forward to your return.

Rosita

There are newer reviews for Hotel Miramare

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Full marks......amazing staff, exceptional views, great town! I don't know why Italy doesn't have double beds though. They prefer to push together 2 singles........quirky, but seeings as this is the norm in Italy it still gets full marks!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gaz13579
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for four nights. We found the hotels location to be perfectly situated to enjoy positano. Our room was quaint with great ocean view and balcony. The staff was very helpful and made our stay very enjoyable. Breakfast area was panoramic and provided a variety of breakfast food. All food was of a high quality. We would highly recommend this hotel. Syracuse ny

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Everything about this place was excellent.
Rosa greets you with a warm welcome, she has great recommendations for restaurants, lots of information about the area (what to do, how to get around, where to eat, what to wear-if you need a sweater to go out she will tell you before you walk out the door.
Not only that but the service is superb. Every time my boyfriend and I stepped out of our room we would come back to new towels and a tidy space again.
The hotel is very well positioned in Positano.
After traveling around Italy for two weeks prior we can honestly say we got the best nights sleep here.
The views from our room were also wonderful. Positano is a magical place and if you want a great value hotel with excellent service this is your place.

Room Tip: Prepare for steps. Positano is full of them.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andrea S
miramarepositano, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Miramare, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

I am so grateful that you would take the time to write on tripadvisor.
the very best way that we can properly thank each other is for you to come back and stay with us again! This would be my wish. I look forward to it! Meeting people like you is how I came to love what I do.
I speak on behalf of everyone here at the Hotel Miramare when I say that it was special meeting you
sincerely
Rosita

Reviewed 11 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel for our honeymoon and were treated like royalty -- especially by Rosita who was one of the most amazingly nice people we have ever met and went above and beyond the call in so many ways. Rosita is the manager and knows what she is doing. She arranged for our photographer, our intimate ceremony, our venue, she decorated our bed with roses... The hotel itself is beyond description in words so look at the pictures which still do not do full justice. The views are stunning and the inside of the hotel is as gorgeous as the pictures suggest. We stayed at nice hotels in Rome and Sorrento too, but they did not compare. My brother and wife recommended the hotel to us. They stayed there when they were in Italy and could not stop talking about how great Miramare was. Because of the outstanding service by Rosita and the other staff we recommended it to my parents who are going there later this year. Everyone needs to visit Positano, and if you do, stay at Miramare -- it's awesome.

Thanks Rosita!!!!!!!!!

Mike and Melissa Treger

Room Tip: DO NOT carry your bags down the stairs (or up). Check in or call when you arrive and they will send...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We were given a warm greeting at this lovely hotel and were offered a free upgrade to their most amazing room. Our room had a stunning ocean view from the shower -- actually standing IN the shower. The entire outside was glass, so you could look out onto the ocean and the hillside. I'm not certain what this upgrade would have cost, but I'd consider it next time -- if we aren't fortunate enough to get the free upgrade.

The hotel is situated at the top of roughly 200 steps, so be prepared to walk. In general, you'll be doing a lot of this around this beautiful, old-world, coastal town. The rooms are fairly simple and cozy. This isn't a place that you'll want to be in the room.

The staff is incredibly friendly and eager to answer any question you have. The breakfast is good, not great. Overall, this is an outstanding launching off point to tour an amazing city. I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: If you can, try and land a room with a shower overlooking the ocean!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JMergott
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I have to start this review by saying that I have been meaning to post a review for quite some time. We stayed at the Hotel Miramare in 2012 and it was one of the most amazing experiences and vacations that we have ever had. The hotel is definitely not The Four Seasons....but that isn't the point. We could have stayed at Le Sirenuse for triple the price...but honestly...I don't think we would have had any better of a time. (On a side note..we did have dinner and drinks one evening at Le Sirenuse and it was beautiful and something to certainly do while in Positano). The hotel is nestled mid way up the cliff side and as many guests have pointed out..there are many steps to climb. Porters helped us with luggage which was wonderful and the steps never once bothered us. I am often confused why people complain about the stairs anyhow when they have come to this town to take in its beauty being built on the side of a cliff and maintaining its 'old world' charm and beauty. Anyhow...the rooms are tasteful and simple and do not distract you from focusing outward onto the beauty of the scenery and flowers and just perfect place that Positano is.
Everyone raves about Rosita...and we became friends on Facebook and have stayed in touch over the past 2 years since our stay. She is a gem. She is friendly and works so hard to make sure that everyone feels special and has the best time during their vacation. Honestly...she was as much a part of our wonderful time and stay as the hotel room was or the beach..or the restaurants....she was part of this beautiful trip and beautiful experience and it is no wonder why guests return year after year and maintain friendships with her and other members of the hotel staff for years after their stays. You CANNOT go wrong with this hotel...and I mean that with genuine sincerity. No need to look any further when it comes to a hotel in Positano..the location...the staff...the feeling...it will leave you dreaming of the next time you can return.

Room Tip: The room just to the left as you enter the hotel ( cannot remember the number) but it is to the left...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple